|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(b) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(c) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(d) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
2. Who wrote the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) Paul Newcomber.
(b) David Fromkin.
(c) Bryant Gillian.
(d) Martin Nighly.
3. What book did Joan buy, but have difficult deciphering the language?
(a) High-Yield Neuroanatomy.
(b) Clinical Neuroanatomy.
(c) Neuroanatomy Through Clinical Cases.
(d) The Clinical Practice of Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing.
4. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
(a) From the Top.
(b) Morning Becomes Eclectic.
(c) All Songs Considered.
(d) All Things Considered.
5. Which drug company manufactured the drug that Quintana was given to treat sepsis?
(d) Eli Lilly.
6. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) March 25, 2004.
(b) January 30, 2004.
(c) April 6, 2004.
(d) February 4, 2004.
7. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
8. What color were John's eyes?
9. What day of the week did John die?
10. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) December 31, 2004.
(b) January 2, 2004.
(c) February 3, 2004.
(d) January 15, 2004.
11. Where was Quintana born?
(a) Santa Monica.
(d) Holmby Hills.
12. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
13. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
14. What was the date of John's funeral?
(a) February 23.
(b) April 23.
(c) March 23.
(d) January 23.
15. What was the date of John and Joan's wedding?
(a) June 29, 1964.
(b) January 30, 1964.
(c) April 12, 1965.
(d) March 15, 1965.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the funeral for John held?
2. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
3. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
4. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
5. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)