|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
(d) Seed pod.
2. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
(a) 3-4 paramedics.
(b) 5 paramedics.
(c) 1-2 paramedics.
(d) 4 paramedics.
3. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
(a) A secondary infection.
(b) Recurrence of pneumonia.
(c) Recurrence of sepsis.
(d) Blood clots.
4. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) H. Norman Wright.
(c) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(d) Martha Whitmore.
5. How old were Joan and her brother when her mother was dying?
(a) In their70's.
(b) In their 60's.
(c) In their 40's.
(d) In their 50's.
6. What time did the paramedics arrive at Joan's apartment building?
(a) 10:35 p.m.
(b) 9:20 p.m.
(c) 10:05 p.m.
(d) 8:45 p.m.
7. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 55 percent.
(b) 48 percent.
(c) 63 percent.
(d) 75 percent.
8. Who was Quintana's best friend from California?
9. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(b) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(c) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(d) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
10. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 2,124 widowers.
(b) 5,642 widowers.
(c) 3,489 widowers.
(d) 4,486 widowers.
11. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
12. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
(a) November 15.
(b) December 25.
(c) November 30.
(d) December 18.
13. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
14. What flowers were on a wallpaper border in a room at Beth Israel North?
(b) Forget Me Nots.
15. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the funeral for John held?
2. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
3. How much did the drug cost that Quintana was given to treat her sepsis?
4. What was the date of John's funeral?
5. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)