|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States"?
(a) Melanie Klein.
(b) Bridget Davidson.
(c) Martin Andrews.
(d) Peter Phillips.
2. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
3. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) January 15, 2004.
(b) December 31, 2004.
(c) January 2, 2004.
(d) February 3, 2004.
4. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) May 20, 2004.
(b) January 4, 2004.
(c) March 13, 2004.
(d) April 12, 2004.
5. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
6. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
7. What book did Joan read that made her realize the significance of things she was told about Quintana's condition in California?
(a) How We Live.
(b) How We Die.
(c) The Art of Aging.
(d) The Soul of Medicine.
8. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
(a) November 14, 2004.
(b) August 18, 2004.
(c) October 4, 2004.
(d) December 30, 2004.
9. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
(a) 45 minutes.
(b) 65 minutes.
(c) 50 minutes.
(d) 70 minutes.
10. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
(a) 4 paramedics.
(b) 1-2 paramedics.
(c) 3-4 paramedics.
(d) 5 paramedics.
11. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
12. What did Joan wear to her wedding?
(a) A long white dress.
(b) A short white silk dress.
(c) A white suit.
(d) A cream colored dress.
13. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
(c) Seed pod.
14. How much did the drug cost that Quintana was given to treat her sepsis?
15. When were the 2004 Academy Awards held?
(a) March 4.
(b) March 11.
(c) February 18.
(d) February 29.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
2. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
3. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
4. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
5. What was Joan watching when she first noticed the vortex effect?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)