|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
2. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
3. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(c) H. Norman Wright.
(d) Martha Whitmore.
4. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
5. Who did Joan work for when she was in her twenties?
(a) Good Housekeeping.
(b) Harper's Bazaar.
(c) Ladies Home Journal.
6. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
(c) Seed pod.
7. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
(c) New Mexico.
8. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
9. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
(a) Recurrence of pneumonia.
(b) Recurrence of sepsis.
(c) A secondary infection.
(d) Blood clots.
10. After John's death, which of John's novels did Joan realize was about grief?
(a) Nothing Lost.
(b) The Studio.
(c) Dutch Shea, Jr.
11. How much did the drug cost that Quintana was given to treat her sepsis?
12. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 1 month.
13. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
14. What color sorbet and napkins did Quintana have at her wedding?
15. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) February 3, 2004.
(b) January 2, 2004.
(c) December 31, 2004.
(d) January 15, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John die?
2. What type of clothing did Joan buy to wear in Los Angeles?
3. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
4. How old was Quintana when Joan wrote a book that told about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
5. What day of the week did John die?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)