Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
(a) A digital camera.
(b) A digital editing system.
(c) A digital scrapbook.
(d) A tape recorder.
2. What book did Joan read that made her realize the significance of things she was told about Quintana's condition in California?
(a) The Soul of Medicine.
(b) How We Die.
(c) How We Live.
(d) The Art of Aging.
3. How did John's father die?
(a) Cardiac arrest.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A car accident.
(d) A construction accident.
4. Where was the funeral for John held?
(a) Church of St. Augustine.
(b) Church of Christ the King.
(c) Cathedral of St. John the Divine.
(d) Church of St. Anthony of Padua.
5. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
6. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
7. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
(a) From the Top.
(b) Morning Becomes Eclectic.
(c) All Things Considered.
(d) All Songs Considered.
8. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 48 percent.
(c) 55 percent.
(d) 63 percent.
9. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
(a) September 2002.
(b) June 2003.
(c) April 2003.
(d) November 2002.
10. When did Joan interview Teresa Heinz Kerry?
(a) Shortly after her husband's death.
(b) During the 2004 campaign.
(c) During the 2000 campaign.
(d) Shortly after her daughter's death.
11. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
(b) Seed pod.
12. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
(a) Recurrence of sepsis.
(b) A secondary infection.
(c) Recurrence of pneumonia.
(d) Blood clots.
13. What book did Joan buy, but have difficult deciphering the language?
(a) Clinical Neuroanatomy.
(b) The Clinical Practice of Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing.
(c) High-Yield Neuroanatomy.
(d) Neuroanatomy Through Clinical Cases.
14. When was Quintana discharged from Beth Israel?
(a) February 15, 2004.
(b) February 5, 2004.
(c) January 22, 2004.
(d) January 30, 2004.
15. How many people attended John and Joan's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many nights had Quintana spent in the hospital between December 2003 and January 2004?
2. What day of the week did John die?
3. When did John die?
4. When did John have his last cardioversion?
5. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)