|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the drug cost that Quintana was given to treat her sepsis?
2. What did Joan wear to her wedding?
(a) A white suit.
(b) A short white silk dress.
(c) A cream colored dress.
(d) A long white dress.
3. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
4. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 65 minutes.
(c) 45 minutes.
(d) 70 minutes.
5. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) The Buried Life.
(b) A Dream.
(c) Dover Beach.
(d) The Forsaken Merman.
6. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
7. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
8. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
9. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
10. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 4,486 widowers.
(b) 3,489 widowers.
(c) 2,124 widowers.
(d) 5,642 widowers.
11. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
12. What type of clothing did Joan buy to wear in Los Angeles?
(a) Blue scrubs.
(b) Shorts and capris.
(c) Short sleeve blouses.
(d) Sleeveless dresses.
13. How did John's father die?
(a) A construction accident.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A car accident.
(d) Cardiac arrest.
14. What did Quintana put up her nose twice in two days when she was little?
(c) Seed pod.
15. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
(a) 5 paramedics.
(b) 3-4 paramedics.
(c) 1-2 paramedics.
(d) 4 paramedics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
2. What did Quintana wear to her wedding?
3. What type of ATM card did John have in his pocket when he died?
4. Quintana was a patient at Beth Israel Medical Center's Singer Division, when did that hospital close?
5. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)