|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Quintana's best friend from California?
2. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) H. Norman Wright.
(d) Martha Whitmore.
3. What was Joan's occupation?
4. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
5. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
(b) Play It As It Lays.
(c) Slouching Towards Bethlehem.
6. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(b) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(c) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(d) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
7. What type of ATM card did John have in his pocket when he died?
(a) Capital One.
(b) Wells Fargo.
(d) Bank of America.
8. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
(d) New Mexico.
9. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
(a) December 25.
(b) November 15.
(c) November 30.
(d) December 18.
10. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
11. What time did the paramedics arrive at Joan's apartment building?
(a) 10:35 p.m.
(b) 9:20 p.m.
(c) 8:45 p.m.
(d) 10:05 p.m.
12. When did Joan first notice what she called the "vortex" effect?
13. How much did the drug cost that Quintana was given to treat her sepsis?
14. Who cleaned the blood on the living room floor after John died?
15. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
(a) Recurrence of sepsis.
(b) Blood clots.
(c) Recurrence of pneumonia.
(d) A secondary infection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Joan buy, but have difficult deciphering the language?
2. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
3. Who did Joan work for when she was in her twenties?
4. Where was John's cardiologist when John died?
5. Who wrote the book John was reading the night he died?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)