|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
2. What was Quintana's temperature the first time she went to the emergency room?
3. What illness sent Quintana to the emergency room in December 2003?
(c) Strep throat.
4. What book did Joan buy, but have difficult deciphering the language?
(a) Neuroanatomy Through Clinical Cases.
(b) The Clinical Practice of Neurological and Neurosurgical Nursing.
(c) Clinical Neuroanatomy.
(d) High-Yield Neuroanatomy.
5. Who wrote the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) David Fromkin.
(b) Paul Newcomber.
(c) Martin Nighly.
(d) Bryant Gillian.
6. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(b) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(c) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(d) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
7. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
8. Where did John take Quintana so Joan could finish her first column for "Life"?
(a) Out to eat.
(b) Waikiki Aquarium.
(c) Honolulu Zoo.
(d) A playground.
9. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
(a) 1-2 paramedics.
(b) 3-4 paramedics.
(c) 5 paramedics.
(d) 4 paramedics.
10. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
11. What type of clothing did Joan buy to wear in Los Angeles?
(a) Blue scrubs.
(b) Shorts and capris.
(c) Short sleeve blouses.
(d) Sleeveless dresses.
12. What book did Joan read that made her realize the significance of things she was told about Quintana's condition in California?
(a) How We Die.
(b) The Soul of Medicine.
(c) How We Live.
(d) The Art of Aging.
13. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
14. What was the press rate for a lanai suite at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel when Joan began working for "Life"?
15. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
(a) A secondary infection.
(b) Blood clots.
(c) Recurrence of pneumonia.
(d) Recurrence of sepsis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John's funeral took place, how many months had it been since Quintana's wedding?
2. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
3. When was Quintana discharged from Beth Israel?
4. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
5. Where was the funeral for John held?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)