|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the press rate for a lanai suite at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel when Joan began working for "Life"?
2. After John's death, which of John's novels did Joan realize was about grief?
(a) The Studio.
(b) Nothing Lost.
(c) Dutch Shea, Jr.
3. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
(a) 70 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 50 minutes.
(d) 65 minutes.
4. How often did Joan and John walk?
(a) Three or four times a week.
(b) A couple times a week.
(c) Every afternoon.
(d) Every morning.
5. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
(a) 6th floor.
(b) 8th floor.
(c) 3rd floor.
(d) 4th floor.
6. How many people attended John and Joan's wedding?
7. Which drug company manufactured the drug that Quintana was given to treat sepsis?
(c) Eli Lilly.
8. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) March 13, 2004.
(b) January 4, 2004.
(c) April 12, 2004.
(d) May 20, 2004.
9. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(c) Martha Whitmore.
(d) H. Norman Wright.
10. What color sorbet and napkins did Quintana have at her wedding?
11. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 55 percent.
(b) 63 percent.
(c) 75 percent.
(d) 48 percent.
12. What book did Joan read that made her realize the significance of things she was told about Quintana's condition in California?
(a) The Soul of Medicine.
(b) How We Live.
(c) How We Die.
(d) The Art of Aging.
13. What type of ATM card did John have in his pocket when he died?
(a) Capital One.
(c) Bank of America.
(d) Wells Fargo.
14. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
15. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(b) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(c) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(d) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
2. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
3. How much did the drug cost that Quintana was given to treat her sepsis?
4. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
5. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)