|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) February 3, 2004.
(b) January 2, 2004.
(c) January 15, 2004.
(d) December 31, 2004.
2. What color were John's eyes?
3. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
(a) Recurrence of sepsis.
(b) Blood clots.
(c) Recurrence of pneumonia.
(d) A secondary infection.
4. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
(a) 4th floor.
(b) 6th floor.
(c) 3rd floor.
(d) 8th floor.
5. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
6. How many people attended John and Joan's wedding?
7. Who was Quintana's best friend from California?
8. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
9. How old were Joan and her brother when her mother was dying?
(a) In their 40's.
(b) In their 50's.
(c) In their 60's.
(d) In their70's.
10. How many days after her husband's death did Joan write a few lines about the way life changes in an instant?
(a) 6-8 days.
(b) 2-3 days.
(c) 7 days.
(d) 5 days.
11. What was Joan's occupation?
12. Quintana was a patient at Beth Israel Medical Center's Singer Division, when did that hospital close?
(a) July 2005.
(b) September 2004.
(c) May 2005.
(d) August 2004.
13. When were the 2004 Academy Awards held?
(a) March 4.
(b) March 11.
(c) February 18.
(d) February 29.
14. When did John have his last cardioversion?
(a) April 2003.
(b) July 2003.
(c) March 2003.
(d) January 2003.
15. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joan work for when she was in her twenties?
2. What day of the week did John die?
3. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
4. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
5. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)