|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nights had Quintana spent in the hospital between December 2003 and January 2004?
(a) 24 nights.
(b) 15 nights.
(c) 18 nights.
(d) 21 nights.
2. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
3. What day of the week did John die?
4. When did Joan interview Teresa Heinz Kerry?
(a) During the 2000 campaign.
(b) During the 2004 campaign.
(c) Shortly after her husband's death.
(d) Shortly after her daughter's death.
5. Which drug company manufactured the drug that Quintana was given to treat sepsis?
(a) Eli Lilly.
6. How old was Quintana when Joan wrote a book that told about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
(a) 4 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 3 years old
7. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
8. When did John have his last cardioversion?
(a) July 2003.
(b) January 2003.
(c) March 2003.
(d) April 2003.
9. What was the date of John and Joan's wedding?
(a) April 12, 1965.
(b) January 30, 1964.
(c) June 29, 1964.
(d) March 15, 1965.
10. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
11. How old were Joan and her brother when her mother was dying?
(a) In their 60's.
(b) In their 50's.
(c) In their70's.
(d) In their 40's.
12. When did John die?
(a) December 30, 2003.
(b) October 27, 2003.
(c) November 15, 2003.
(d) September 19, 2003.
13. What was Joan's occupation?
14. What flowers were on a wallpaper border in a room at Beth Israel North?
(b) Forget Me Nots.
15. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) April 6, 2004.
(b) February 4, 2004.
(c) March 25, 2004.
(d) January 30, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Joan watching when she first noticed the vortex effect?
2. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
3. What color were John's eyes?
4. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
5. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)