|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Quintana born?
(b) Santa Monica.
(c) Holmby Hills.
2. How many nights had Quintana spent in the hospital between December 2003 and January 2004?
(a) 21 nights.
(b) 18 nights.
(c) 24 nights.
(d) 15 nights.
3. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
4. Who wrote "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States"?
(a) Martin Andrews.
(b) Melanie Klein.
(c) Bridget Davidson.
(d) Peter Phillips.
5. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) C.S. Lewis.
(b) H. Norman Wright.
(c) Martha Whitmore.
(d) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
6. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) February 4, 2004.
(b) January 30, 2004.
(c) March 25, 2004.
(d) April 6, 2004.
7. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
(a) Morning Becomes Eclectic.
(b) All Songs Considered.
(c) All Things Considered.
(d) From the Top.
8. Quintana was a patient at Beth Israel Medical Center's Singer Division, when did that hospital close?
(a) September 2004.
(b) July 2005.
(c) August 2004.
(d) May 2005.
9. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
(a) November 2002.
(b) September 2002.
(c) June 2003.
(d) April 2003.
10. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
11. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
12. What radio station did Joan listen to when she lived in California?
13. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(b) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(c) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(d) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
14. What color were John's eyes?
15. How old was Joan's mother when she was near death?
(a) 90 years old.
(b) 96 years old.
(c) 84 years old.
(d) 78 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
2. What day of the week did John die?
3. What was the date of John and Joan's wedding?
4. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
5. When was Quintana discharged from Beth Israel?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)