|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Quintana get a tracheotomy at UCLA?
(a) March 31.
(b) April 12.
(c) April 1.
(d) March 27.
2. How much money did John and Joan put down as a deposit on the house in Brentwood Park?
3. In Chapter 13, what was the name of the character in the excerpt Joan quoted from a novel she wrote in the mid-1990's?
4. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
(a) Slouching Towards Bethlehem.
(b) Play It As It Lays.
5. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Joan first notice what she called the "vortex" effect?
2. Prior to working at "The New Yorker," where did John's editor work?
3. What type of flowers did Joan pin in her hair while trying for a "bride" effect?
4. When Joan wrote her first piece after John died, when was the last time that he didn't read one of her drafts?
5. How many letters did Joan have from John?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)