|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landslide seemed to bury the house that Joan and Joan lived when they first married?
(a) San Leandra landslide.
(b) Portuguese Bend landslide.
(c) Las Lomas landslide.
(d) Blucher Valley landslide.
2. From which of Joan's novels was a passage quoted at the beginning of Chapter 22?
(a) Political Fictions.
(b) A Book of Common Prayer.
(c) The White Album.
3. What type of a tree did Joan drape colored Christmas lights on in Chapter 20?
4. Who was John's editor at "The New Yorker"?
(a) Sharon DeLano.
(b) Rebecca Delinsky.
(c) Martha Wyatt.
(d) Andrea Framingham.
5. What book did someone place on top of the books by John's chair?
(a) Great Gardens of the World.
(b) The English Country House.
(c) The Most Beautiful Gardens in the World.
(d) The Agnelli Gardens at Villar Perosa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
2. What was the risk of heart attack in patients who quit taking statins?
3. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
4. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
5. When did Nick's daughter Dominique die?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)