|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(b) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(c) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(d) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
2. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
(a) March 25, 2004.
(b) April 6, 2004.
(c) January 30, 2004.
(d) February 4, 2004.
3. How old was Joan's mother when she was near death?
(a) 84 years old.
(b) 78 years old.
(c) 90 years old.
(d) 96 years old.
4. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
(d) New Mexico.
5. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A digital camera.
(c) A digital editing system.
(d) A digital scrapbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Quintana have therapy at Rusk Institute?
2. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
3. When Quintana was in the ICU at UCLA, what program did Joan listen to on the radio?
4. In another dream, what airport did Joan dream about?
5. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)