|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 63 percent.
(b) 75 percent.
(c) 48 percent.
(d) 55 percent.
2. Where did John take Quintana so Joan could finish her first column for "Life"?
(a) A playground.
(b) Waikiki Aquarium.
(c) Out to eat.
(d) Honolulu Zoo.
3. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
(a) 8th floor.
(b) 4th floor.
(c) 6th floor.
(d) 3rd floor.
4. What might Quintana and Gerry do during the weekend while Quintana was at Rusk?
(a) Go to lunch and a movie.
(b) Play card games in her room.
(c) Walk around the hospital.
(d) Go for a walk in a nearby park.
5. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
2. When did John and Joan visit the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's office?
3. When did Joan first notice what she called the "vortex" effect?
4. What color sorbet and napkins did Quintana have at her wedding?
5. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)