|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Quintana admitted to Milstein Hospital shortly after her release from Beth Israel?
(a) A secondary infection.
(b) Blood clots.
(c) Recurrence of pneumonia.
(d) Recurrence of sepsis.
2. What was the date when Quintana was told her father died?
(a) January 15, 2004.
(b) December 31, 2004.
(c) February 3, 2004.
(d) January 2, 2004.
3. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 63 percent.
(c) 55 percent.
(d) 48 percent.
4. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(b) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(c) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(d) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
5. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
(a) December 25.
(b) November 15.
(c) December 18.
(d) November 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
2. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
3. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
4. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
5. How many nights had Quintana spent in the hospital between December 2003 and January 2004?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)