|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did John die?
(a) October 27, 2003.
(b) November 15, 2003.
(c) September 19, 2003.
(d) December 30, 2003.
2. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(b) Martha Whitmore.
(c) H. Norman Wright.
(d) C.S. Lewis.
3. Who wrote the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) Bryant Gillian.
(b) Martin Nighly.
(c) Paul Newcomber.
(d) David Fromkin.
4. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) The Buried Life.
(b) A Dream.
(c) The Forsaken Merman.
(d) Dover Beach.
5. After John's death, which of John's novels did Joan realize was about grief?
(a) Nothing Lost.
(c) Dutch Shea, Jr.
(d) The Studio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Joan read that made her realize the significance of things she was told about Quintana's condition in California?
2. Who cleaned the blood on the living room floor after John died?
3. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
4. How did John's father die?
5. How old was Joan's mother when she was near death?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)