|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her reading, what did Joan learn was the mortality rate for those who had fixed and dilated pupils?
(a) 75 percent.
(b) 48 percent.
(c) 55 percent.
(d) 63 percent.
2. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 5,642 widowers.
(b) 3,489 widowers.
(c) 4,486 widowers.
(d) 2,124 widowers.
3. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
4. Who did Joan work for when she was in her twenties?
(b) Ladies Home Journal.
(c) Good Housekeeping.
(d) Harper's Bazaar.
5. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) January 4, 2004.
(b) April 12, 2004.
(c) March 13, 2004.
(d) May 20, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were John's eyes?
2. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
3. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
4. Where did John take Quintana so Joan could finish her first column for "Life"?
5. How old was Quintana when Joan wrote a book that told about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)