|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7, 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(b) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(c) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(d) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
2. When did Joan interview Teresa Heinz Kerry?
(a) During the 2000 campaign.
(b) Shortly after her daughter's death.
(c) Shortly after her husband's death.
(d) During the 2004 campaign.
3. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
(a) April 2003.
(b) November 2002.
(c) June 2003.
(d) September 2002.
4. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
5. How many people attended John and Joan's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
2. What type of clothing did Joan buy to wear in Los Angeles?
3. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
4. When did Quintana and Gerry fly to California?
5. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)