|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were John's eyes?
2. What illness sent Quintana to the emergency room in December 2003?
(b) Strep throat.
3. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) April 12, 2004.
(b) May 20, 2004.
(c) March 13, 2004.
(d) January 4, 2004.
4. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 3,489 widowers.
(b) 4,486 widowers.
(c) 5,642 widowers.
(d) 2,124 widowers.
5. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When John's funeral took place, how many months had it been since Quintana's wedding?
2. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
3. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
4. What type of ATM card did John have in his pocket when he died?
5. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)