|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) January 4, 2004.
(b) May 20, 2004.
(c) April 12, 2004.
(d) March 13, 2004.
2. When did John die?
(a) September 19, 2003.
(b) December 30, 2003.
(c) November 15, 2003.
(d) October 27, 2003.
3. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
(d) New Mexico.
4. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
(a) November 30.
(b) December 25.
(c) November 15.
(d) December 18.
5. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
(a) 4 paramedics.
(b) 5 paramedics.
(c) 3-4 paramedics.
(d) 1-2 paramedics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument was played at John's funeral?
2. What was the date of John's funeral?
3. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
4. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
5. Quintana was a patient at Beth Israel Medical Center's Singer Division, when did that hospital close?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)