|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(b) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(c) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(d) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
2. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 2,124 widowers.
(b) 3,489 widowers.
(c) 5,642 widowers.
(d) 4,486 widowers.
3. How often did Joan and John walk?
(a) Every afternoon.
(b) Every morning.
(c) A couple times a week.
(d) Three or four times a week.
4. What was Joan's occupation?
5. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did John die?
2. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
3. Quintana was a patient at Beth Israel Medical Center's Singer Division, when did that hospital close?
4. What color were John's eyes?
5. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)