|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Joan interview people in Honolulu about December 7, 1941?
2. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
(a) September 2002.
(b) November 2002.
(c) April 2003.
(d) June 2003.
3. How often did Joan and John walk?
(a) Every afternoon.
(b) Three or four times a week.
(c) Every morning.
(d) A couple times a week.
4. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(b) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(c) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(d) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
5. When were the 2004 Academy Awards held?
(a) March 11.
(b) February 29.
(c) February 18.
(d) March 4.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
2. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
3. Who was the elevator man who amused himself with John in the elevator with a small verbal game?
4. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
5. Who cleaned the blood on the living room floor after John died?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)