|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(b) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(c) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(d) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
2. What was Joan's occupation?
3. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
4. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
(a) November 2002.
(b) September 2002.
(c) April 2003.
(d) June 2003.
5. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
(a) 50 minutes.
(b) 65 minutes.
(c) 70 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Joan interview Teresa Heinz Kerry?
2. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
3. How many days after her husband's death did Joan write a few lines about the way life changes in an instant?
4. When were the 2004 Academy Awards held?
5. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)