|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
(a) 3rd floor.
(b) 8th floor.
(c) 6th floor.
(d) 4th floor.
2. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
(a) December 30, 2004.
(b) November 14, 2004.
(c) October 4, 2004.
(d) August 18, 2004.
3. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
4. What word did Joan consider adding in the phrase, "Life changes in the instant"?
5. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(b) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
(c) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(d) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Teresa Heinz Kerry's first husband died, where did she feel a need to go?
2. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
3. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
4. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
5. Who wrote "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)