|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) March 13, 2004.
(b) January 4, 2004.
(c) April 12, 2004.
(d) May 20, 2004.
2. When did John die?
(a) September 19, 2003.
(b) October 27, 2003.
(c) November 15, 2003.
(d) December 30, 2003.
3. How often did Joan and John walk?
(a) Every afternoon.
(b) Three or four times a week.
(c) A couple times a week.
(d) Every morning.
4. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
(a) December 18.
(b) November 30.
(c) December 25.
(d) November 15.
5. Quintana was a patient at Beth Israel Medical Center's Singer Division, when did that hospital close?
(a) July 2005.
(b) August 2004.
(c) September 2004.
(d) May 2005.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
2. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
3. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
4. How many days after her husband's death did Joan write a few lines about the way life changes in an instant?
5. What did Joan wish she could use to record the memories that she included in the book rather than writing about them?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)