|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what floor of the hospital was the ICU located where Quintana was a patient when John died?
(a) 6th floor.
(b) 4th floor.
(c) 3rd floor.
(d) 8th floor.
2. What day was Quintana taken to the hospital emergency room toward the end of 2003?
(a) December 25.
(b) December 18.
(c) November 15.
(d) November 30.
3. When did John and Joan visit the Miami-Dade Medical Examiner's office?
(a) 1979 or 1980.
(b) 1985 or 1986.
(c) 1987 or 1988.
(d) 1990 or 1991.
4. When was "Mourning and Its Relation to Manic-Depressive States" written?
5. Who wrote the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) Martin Nighly.
(b) Paul Newcomber.
(c) David Fromkin.
(d) Bryant Gillian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of drink did Joan get John when they came from visiting Quintana?
2. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
3. Quintana was a patient at Beth Israel Medical Center's Singer Division, when did that hospital close?
4. Who was the elevator man who amused himself with John in the elevator with a small verbal game?
5. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)