|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 3,489 widowers.
(b) 5,642 widowers.
(c) 2,124 widowers.
(d) 4,486 widowers.
2. Where did Joe Black grow up?
3. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) January 4, 2004.
(b) April 12, 2004.
(c) May 20, 2004.
(d) March 13, 2004.
4. Where did John and Joan meet Joe and Gertrude Black?
(a) In Indonesia.
(b) In Russia.
(c) In the Netherlands.
(d) In France.
5. When was Quintana discharged from Beth Israel?
(a) February 5, 2004.
(b) February 15, 2004.
(c) January 30, 2004.
(d) January 22, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Joan when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
2. How many children did Joe and Gertrude Black have?
3. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
4. How many times did Joan have to repeat the story of how John died to Quintana?
5. After John died, where did Joan eat dinner?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)