|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) Philippe Aries.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Helen Keller.
(d) D. H. Lawrence.
2. When Joan woke up at 3:30 one morning, what channel was the television set to?
3. Who was Quintana's best friend from California?
4. Who said that the act of grieving "Involves grave departures from the normal attitude to life"?
5. Who wrote the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) Bryant Gillian.
(b) David Fromkin.
(c) Paul Newcomber.
(d) Martin Nighly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What church was across the street from Joan's and John's apartment?
2. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
3. How many paramedics did Joan think came when she called for an ambulance?
4. When was the last time that Joan covered a convention at Madison Square Garden?
5. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)