|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A playground.
(c) A construction site.
(d) A picnic area.
2. On what street was the Rusk Institute located?
(a) 64th St.
(b) 34th St.
(c) 52nd St.
(d) 41st. St.
3. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
4. Which of Joan's novels used an incident about a woman whose abortion was paid for by the district attorney's office?
(a) Slouching Towards Bethlehem.
(c) Play It As It Lays.
5. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 5,642 widowers.
(b) 3,489 widowers.
(c) 2,124 widowers.
(d) 4,486 widowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
2. What book did Julia Child have inscribed to give to John?
3. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
4. What was the press rate for a lanai suite at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel when Joan began working for "Life"?
5. How much did it cost Joan and John to rent a house on Franklin Avenue in Hollywood many years ago?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)