|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) Dover Beach.
(b) A Dream.
(c) The Forsaken Merman.
(d) The Buried Life.
2. When did John die?
(a) September 19, 2003.
(b) October 27, 2003.
(c) November 15, 2003.
(d) December 30, 2003.
3. How many days after her husband's death did Joan write a few lines about the way life changes in an instant?
(a) 6-8 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 2-3 days.
(d) 7 days.
4. What was the date on the computer file that contained the first few lines that Joan wrote after her husband's death?
(a) March 13, 2004.
(b) January 4, 2004.
(c) May 20, 2004.
(d) April 12, 2004.
5. Where was John's cardiologist when John died?
(b) Martha's Vineyard.
(c) Cape Cod.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Quintana became ill, where had she and her husband planned to spend Christmas night and a few days?
2. How long were the paramedics in Joan's apartment?
3. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
4. When did an author write "Mourning and Melancholia"?
5. When John's funeral took place, how many months had it been since Quintana's wedding?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)