|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did Joan and John walk?
(a) Every morning.
(b) A couple times a week.
(c) Three or four times a week.
(d) Every afternoon.
2. When did Joan begin writing the book, "The Year of Magical Thinking"?
(a) November 14, 2004.
(b) August 18, 2004.
(c) December 30, 2004.
(d) October 4, 2004.
3. When did John have a pacemaker implanted?
(a) November 2002.
(b) September 2002.
(c) April 2003.
(d) June 2003.
4. Where did Quintana get the Canyon Ranch T-shirt that John usually wore when he went walking?
(d) New Mexico.
5. What was the name of the book John was reading the night he died?
(a) The Long Fuse: An Interpretation of the Origins of World War I.
(b) The Pity of War Explaining World War I.
(c) The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War.
(d) Europe's Last Summer: Who Started the Great War of 1914?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the date of John and Joan's wedding?
2. How did John's father die?
3. When did John have his last cardioversion?
4. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
5. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)