|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
2. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) D. H. Lawrence.
(b) Philippe Aries.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Helen Keller.
3. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Wallace Stevens.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) Delmore Schwartz.
(d) Ezra Pound.
4. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
5. After John's death, which of John's novels did Joan realize was about grief?
(a) Nothing Lost.
(c) The Studio.
(d) Dutch Shea, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
2. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
3. When did Quintana get a tracheotomy at UCLA?
4. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
5. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)