|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) D. H. Lawrence.
(c) Philippe Aries.
(d) C. S. Lewis.
2. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 5,642 widowers.
(b) 3,489 widowers.
(c) 2,124 widowers.
(d) 4,486 widowers.
3. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
4. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
(a) 35 years old.
(b) 22 years old.
(c) 29 years old.
(d) 31 years old.
5. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
(a) Falling down the stairs.
(b) A construction accident.
(c) An automobile accident.
(d) Falling off a ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
2. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
3. What did Joan watch from the windows at UCLA?
4. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
5. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)