|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
2. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
(a) A Fish Filet.
(b) A Big Mac.
(c) A Quarter Pounder.
(d) A McChicken.
3. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) A Dream.
(b) Dover Beach.
(c) The Buried Life.
(d) The Forsaken Merman.
4. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
5. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
(a) 34 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 32 years old.
(d) 31 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
2. What landslide seemed to bury the house that Joan and Joan lived when they first married?
3. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
4. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
5. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)