|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Joan when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 7 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 8 years old.
2. After John's death, which of John's novels did Joan realize was about grief?
(a) The Studio.
(c) Nothing Lost.
(d) Dutch Shea, Jr.
3. What type of a dog did Joan and John have in 1987?
(b) Golden Retriever.
4. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) Martha Whitmore.
(d) H. Norman Wright.
5. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 5,642 widowers.
(b) 4,486 widowers.
(c) 2,124 widowers.
(d) 3,489 widowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument was played at John's funeral?
2. When did Quintana get a tracheotomy at UCLA?
3. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
4. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
5. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)