|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) Dover Beach.
(b) The Buried Life.
(c) A Dream.
(d) The Forsaken Merman.
2. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
3. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
4. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
5. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(a) Palos Verdes.
(d) Point Reyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
2. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
3. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
4. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
5. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)