|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 3 months.
2. How many beds were in the acute rehab unit at UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
(a) 24 beds.
(b) 15 beds.
(c) 18 beds.
(d) 11 beds.
3. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) Helen Keller.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
(c) Philippe Aries.
(d) D. H. Lawrence.
4. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
5. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) A Dream.
(b) The Buried Life.
(c) The Forsaken Merman.
(d) Dover Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
2. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
3. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
4. What type of a dog did Joan and John have in 1987?
5. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)