|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
(a) Philippe Aries.
(b) D. H. Lawrence.
(c) C. S. Lewis.
(d) Helen Keller.
2. How old was Joan when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
(a) 9 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 7 years old.
3. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
4. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
5. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
2. What landslide seemed to bury the house that Joan and Joan lived when they first married?
3. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
4. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
5. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)