|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) Dover Beach.
(b) A Dream.
(c) The Buried Life.
(d) The Forsaken Merman.
2. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
3. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
(b) Colorado Springs.
4. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
(a) 32 years old.
(b) 31 years old.
(c) 29 years old.
(d) 34 years old.
5. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
2. What instrument was played at John's funeral?
3. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
4. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
5. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)