|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
2. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
(a) Caitlin Thomas.
(b) Mary Beth Crain.
(c) Lynn Caine.
(d) Barbara Barth.
3. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
(a) Falling off a ladder.
(b) An automobile accident.
(c) Falling down the stairs.
(d) A construction accident.
4. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) The Buried Life.
(b) Dover Beach.
(c) The Forsaken Merman.
(d) A Dream.
5. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Delmore Schwartz.
(c) Wallace Stevens.
(d) Ezra Pound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
2. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
3. By what plant in the box garden did John or Joan place Quintana in her bassinet when they first brought her home?
4. Where did Joan find meaning in life?
5. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)