|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
2. Which Protestant denomination did Joan say used these words in a litany, "as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end"?
3. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(b) Palos Verdes.
(d) Point Reyes.
4. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) A Dream.
(b) The Buried Life.
(c) The Forsaken Merman.
(d) Dover Beach.
5. How old was Joan when Quintana was three years old?
(a) 31 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 32 years old.
(d) 34 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
2. What instrument was played at John's funeral?
3. How many beds were in the acute rehab unit at UCLA Neuropsychiatric?
4. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
5. By what plant in the box garden did John or Joan place Quintana in her bassinet when they first brought her home?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)