|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(a) Point Reyes.
(d) Palos Verdes.
2. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
(a) 4,486 widowers.
(b) 2,124 widowers.
(c) 3,489 widowers.
(d) 5,642 widowers.
3. During the years that John and Joan were married, how much time did they not spend working at home?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 8 months.
4. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
5. What year was it when John and Joan were at a red light and saw the driver suddenly slump over his steering wheel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Joan when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima?
2. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
3. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
4. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
5. What poet did John's brother Nick read at the funeral?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)