|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(a) Palos Verdes.
(d) Point Reyes.
2. Who wrote "A Grief Observed"?
(a) Elisabeth Kubler-Ross.
(b) Martha Whitmore.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) H. Norman Wright.
3. When was Quintana allowed to fly back to New York?
4. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) Dover Beach.
(b) The Forsaken Merman.
(c) A Dream.
(d) The Buried Life.
5. How was the man to the right of Quintana's bed at UCLA injured?
(a) Falling down the stairs.
(b) A construction accident.
(c) An automobile accident.
(d) Falling off a ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument was played at John's funeral?
2. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
3. How long after John's death was his funeral held?
4. When did Quintana get a tracheotomy at UCLA?
5. How many widowers were studied in the United Kingdom, according to a report in "The Lancet"?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)