|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landslide seemed to bury the house that Joan and Joan lived when they first married?
(a) Blucher Valley landslide.
(b) San Leandra landslide.
(c) Las Lomas landslide.
(d) Portuguese Bend landslide.
2. How old was Joan when she despised the book "Leftover Life to Kill"?
(a) 31 years old.
(b) 22 years old.
(c) 35 years old.
(d) 29 years old.
3. Who wrote, "Time is the school in which we learn"?
(a) Robert Frost.
(b) Ezra Pound.
(c) Delmore Schwartz.
(d) Wallace Stevens.
4. In what state did the plane that was transporting Quintana land to refuel?
5. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
(a) The Buried Life.
(b) The Forsaken Merman.
(c) A Dream.
(d) Dover Beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what plant in the box garden did John or Joan place Quintana in her bassinet when they first brought her home?
2. When the air ambulance that was to transport Quintana had mechanical difficulties, where did it land?
3. Where was the male patient from who lay to the left of Quintana's bed at UCLA?
4. Who wrote a book about her husband's death that Joan despised?
5. When John's funeral took place, how many months had it been since Quintana's wedding?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)