|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What landslide seemed to bury the house that Joan and Joan lived when they first married?
(a) Portuguese Bend landslide.
(b) Blucher Valley landslide.
(c) Las Lomas landslide.
(d) San Leandra landslide.
2. According to Quintana, what sandwich did she and Joan share when the plane that was transporting them to New York stopped to refuel?
(a) A Fish Filet.
(b) A McChicken.
(c) A Big Mac.
(d) A Quarter Pounder.
3. On what peninsula was John and Joan's first house of their married life?
(b) Palos Verdes.
(d) Point Reyes.
4. What color were the curtains that separated the patient's beds at UCLA?
5. What sea creatures did studies show refused to eat after a mate died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that self-pity is "our worst enemy"?
2. What Matthew Arnold poem did Joan mention reading in Chapter 4?
3. How much did it cost in the late 1960's to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco or Sacramento or San Jose for a round trip flight?
4. By what plant in the box garden did John or Joan place Quintana in her bassinet when they first brought her home?
5. What instrument was played at John's funeral?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)