|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Milo call on a pay phone after visiting Mrs. Crider?
2. Where does the target in Nickie's case sneak out of in order to make a phone call?
3. What does Reese believe Raymond stole from a police evidence locker?
4. What does Milo view at the beginning of "Chapter 14"?
5. Where does Mindy bring Reese in order to talk to Milo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Reese worried about speaking with Milo and answering his questions?
2. What does Milo agree to do for Jamison?
3. Who does Milo believe is the killer of Raymond and Simon, and why is this?
4. What does Reese do in order to get Milo to leave him alone?
5. When Milo is attacked, what does he learn from his attackers and what could this mean about Milo's investigation?
6. What does Milo view in "Chapter 14", and what is his reaction to it?
7. What causes Milo to begin thinking about his father, and what does he realize about him?
8. What does Milo do for two days that is potential harmful?
9. What happens to Milo in the alley behind Mahoney's?
10. Why do Milo and Jamison meet at Milo's second office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Helen and her role in the story. Explain Helen's child-like attitude as well as promiscuous behavior. Discuss how these characteristics affect readers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of alcohol in the story and why it plays such a prominent role.
Essay Topic 3
Label who the protagonist and antagonist in the story are, and what classifies these characters to fall into these specific categories.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)