|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo read from the folder he receives from Mrs. Crider?
2. Where does Mindy bring Reese in order to talk to Milo?
3. What does Milo realize about his father's death?
4. What happens to Milo after leaving the farm?
5. Who does the target in Nickie's case make a phone call to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Milo go first after being attacked and what happens while there?
2. What does Milo do for two days that is potential harmful?
3. What does Milo learn about Simon and Elton after leaving the Holy Light Hog Farm?
4. What does Milo agree to do for Jamison?
5. When Milo is attacked, what does he learn from his attackers and what could this mean about Milo's investigation?
6. Why is Reese worried about speaking with Milo and answering his questions?
7. What does Milo view in "Chapter 14", and what is his reaction to it?
8. Why is Milo known at the Holy Light Hog Farm?
9. What does Mrs. Crider give Milo, and why is this helpful?
10. What does Milo believe happened during Raymond's final days?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motives and motivations of Milo to help those who ask him for help. Cite examples from the story in order to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Helen and her mother. Include what occurs that could cause a reader to believe they have a good or bad relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the emotional void that Milo suffers in the beginning of the novel as well as the end.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)