|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Milo agree to do in order to help Muffin get out of town?
2. Who does Muffin lack trust in?
3. Where does the target in Nickie's case sneak out of in order to make a phone call?
4. Whom does Milo speak to about the target in Nickie's case?
5. What does Milo assure Muffin about the charges against him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Milo go first after being attacked and what happens while there?
2. What does Mrs. Crider give Milo, and why is this helpful?
3. Why do Milo and Jamison meet at Milo's second office?
4. What does Milo learn about Simon and Elton after leaving the Holy Light Hog Farm?
5. When Milo is attacked, what does he do in order to save his life?
6. Discuss the phone call Milo has with Muffin from a pay phone.
7. Who is Dalton Kimbrough and what history does this person have with Milo?
8. What does Reese do in order to get Milo to leave him alone?
9. What happens to Milo on his way back to Meriwhether after visiting the Holy Light Hog Farm, and why could it be a problem for Milo?
10. What happens to Milo in the alley behind Mahoney's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Wrong Case" contains a first person writing style. Discuss the benefits of this writing technique and also why this technique may have been used by the author, James Crumley.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Milo and his deceased father. Be sure to discuss Milo's attachment to his father's clothing after he dies.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Helen and her mother. Include what occurs that could cause a reader to believe they have a good or bad relationship.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)