|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants Milo to kill the man responsible for the drugs on Meriwether's streets?
2. What does Milo agree to do in order to help Muffin get out of town?
3. Why does Mrs. Crider want to hire Milo?
4. When Milo returns to his old self after his drinking binge, what happens between him and Helen?
5. What does Milo recall while in the bathroom at the Willomot Hill Bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the phone call Milo has with Muffin from a pay phone.
2. What does Milo believe happened during Raymond's final days?
3. Why does Mrs. Crider hire Milo?
4. When Milo is attacked, what does he learn from his attackers and what could this mean about Milo's investigation?
5. What does Milo read that belongs to Raymond?
6. What does Mrs. Crider give Milo, and why is this helpful?
7. What does Milo learn from a cop involving Simon's death?
8. What information does Reese give Milo about Raymond?
9. Why is Milo known at the Holy Light Hog Farm?
10. What does Milo view in "Chapter 14", and what is his reaction to it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of forgiveness in the story and why it is important for Milo to forgive Helen for lying to him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Milo and his deceased father. Be sure to discuss Milo's attachment to his father's clothing after he dies.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship between Helen and Milo, and Helen and Dick Diamond.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)