|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stated cause of Raymond's death?
2. Who does Jamison inform Milo about while Milo's at the police station?
3. Who does Milo remember Reese beating up one night?
4. What is Helen Duffy's profession?
5. What is the name of the drunk Raymond hung around with before he went missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Milo corner's Elton at his car, what occurs?
2. Who is Raymond and where are his last known whereabouts?
3. What does Milo tell Helen about missing persons cases and what does he ask for in exchange for his help?
4. Where does Mindy inform Milo that Reese is staying, and what type of place is it?
5. Where does Milo go in order to meet his friends? Describe his friends.
6. What is Milo's profession and why is his business struggling?
7. Discuss what Milo learns about Raymond from a friend of his father's in "Chapter 7".
8. Who is Elton Crider and what is his connection to Raymond?
9. Who is Jamison, and what do he and Milo discuss while at the police station?
10. Discuss Milo's change from the time he adopts Muffin to the time of having his own child.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of death in the story and why it plays such a significant role.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the emotional void that Milo suffers in the beginning of the novel as well as the end.
Essay Topic 3
Label who the protagonist and antagonist in the story are, and what classifies these characters to fall into these specific categories.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)