• Milo is introduced as a private detective in a city.
• Milo is the last remaining survivor of a family whose wealth and influence helped build the town.
• Milo is struggling because he will not inherit his trust fund until he is fifty-three, and the divorce laws of his state have recently changed in such a way that he is no longer able to have the amount of case work he depends on to live.
• Milo worries about his future due to state laws governing divorce that have recently changed.
• Helen Duffy requests Milo's help to find her missing brother, Raymond.
• Milo agrees to help her Helen if she pays him with sex.
• Helen appears confused by Milo's offer to help her in return for sex; Milo dismisses her from his office.
• Milo meets his friends, Simon, Freddy and Dick at the local bar, Mahoney's.
• Dick asks...
This section contains 1,306 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)