|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was seen outside the carrel window in Roanoke when Dillard peeked outside the blinds?
(b) The parking lot.
(c) A May beetle.
2. Why did Dillard momentarily feel she must quit writing in Chapter 3?
(a) She had nothing new to say.
(b) She was addicted to cigarettes.
(c) She was not good at it.
(d) She was too young to be living at a desk.
3. How does Dillard describe the process of writing a book?
(a) "It is boring and difficult."
(b) "It is something to avoid at all costs."
(c) "It is life at its most free."
(d) "It is a dreamlike task."
4. Where, in Washington State, did Dillard beg a cabin in which to write?
(a) On Herron Island.
(b) On Snake River.
(c) Boundary Pass.
(d) On Haro Strait.
5. What action figure did Dillard compare Rahm to?
(a) G.I. Joe.
(b) Indiana Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dillard left her cabin for home in Chapter 5 during a northeaster, how was she feeling, walking down the beach?
2. When Dillard once wrote in a cinder-block cell, what scene did it overlook?
3. Why did Dillard write that 'People should not feed moralistic animals'?
4. Where was Ferrar heading as he rowed against the current all night?
5. What does Dillard say that she found so appealing about a Danish aristocrat?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)