|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4, 5 and 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ended the chess game for Dillard in Chapter 2?
(a) The custodian wished to stop playing.
(b) The opponent scrambled the board up completely.
(c) The baby went home.
(d) She finished writing her book.
2. Who or what will teach someone to write, according to Dillard in Chapter 3?
(a) The blank page.
(b) A fellow writer.
(c) The author.
3. What does Dillard describe as 'a net for catching days' in Chapter 2?
(c) A schedule.
(d) A journal.
4. What does Dillard say that she thinks happens to something, such as a writing idea, that you do not give up freely and abundantly?
(a) It becomes better with age.
(b) It becomes lost to you.
(c) It will be poorly written.
(d) Someone else will get it.
5. How many hours of sleep would Jack London usually get?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dillard do one night in the rare book room of the Virginia library?
2. What sport did Dillard play with a boys' music camp?
3. What was Dillard's only physical activity in the one-room log cabin on an empty beach?
4. Who is the Danish aristocrat mentioned in Chapter 2?
5. Who watched Dillard chop wood every morning in Washington?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)