|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Wright brothers contact their family member at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) By mail.
(b) By phone.
(c) By courrier.
(d) By telegram.
2. What did the Wright brothers decide after contacting their first prospect?
(a) Make the plane a military secret.
(b) Sell the plane to whoever wanted it.
(c) Sell the plane only to americans.
(d) Stop selling the plane.
3. Who figured out the problem that made some flight of the glider go awry?
(d) Dr Langley.
4. Who tried to convince the Wright brothers to fly publicly?
(c) Bishop Wright.
5. What happened on May 14, 1908?
(a) The Wright brothers flew a 10-man plane.
(b) The Wright brothers flew a 4-man plane.
(c) The Wright brothers flew a 20-man plane.
(d) The Wright brothers flew a 2-man plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the flyer not be considered a practical plane?
2. What did the first prospect of the Wright brothers do?
3. What did the Wright brothers build to test wings?
4. Who did Wilbur and Orville contact after their successful flight?
5. Why would the Wright brothers have a clear conscience?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Wright Flyer III declared?
2. What did the brothers continue to do?
3. What did Katherine write to her father?
4. What did the Wright Brothers know about a motor in Chapter 6?
5. What did Wilbur and Orville decide to build themselves?
6. What happened for the next two and a half years according to Chapter 8?
7. What did Orville figure out while lying in bed one night?
8. What happened for the first time at the end of May?
9. Where did the brothers arrive in Kill Devil Hills in September 1903?
10. What did Wilbur and Orville do with success?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)