|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Wright brothers afraid of according to Chapter 8?
(a) People crashing.
(b) People stealing their invention.
(c) Having a fair price for their plane.
(d) People using planes to wage war.
2. How many wing models did the Wright brothers test?
3. What made the second attempt the first powered flight?
(a) The motor was running during flight.
(b) The machine moved forward without reduction of speed.
(c) The machine climbed up.
(d) The plane had a motor.
4. What were the Wright brothers waiting for before flying again?
(a) The media to pay attention.
(b) For the Flyer 4 to be built.
(c) The plane to sold.
(d) Patents to be awarded.
5. How did the Wright brothers contact their family member at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) By telegram.
(b) By courrier.
(c) By mail.
(d) By phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Wright brothers do on rainy days at Kill Devil Hills?
2. Why did the Wright Brothers have to build a new frame for the powered aircraft?
3. What did the Wright brothers know they wouldn't do at the start of Chapter 6?
4. How long after Lilienthal's fatal accident did the Wright brothers fly?
5. What caused frustration for the Wrights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did the brothers encounter?
2. What did Wilbur write to manufacturers about?
3. What did the Wright brothers write at the start of Chapter 7?
4. What was the Wright Flyer III declared?
5. What did the Wright Brothers know about a motor in Chapter 6?
6. What did the Wright brothers make history with in May 1908?
7. What did Orville figure out while lying in bed one night?
8. What record did Wilbur set on October 5, 1905?
9. Why did the U.S. War Department turn the Wrights down?
10. Where did the brothers arrive in Kill Devil Hills in September 1903?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)