|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Wilbur able to circle the Huffman prairie on November 9th?
(a) 10 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 8 times.
2. What would need to be done to solve the problem of the awry flights?
(a) Put the pilot on the top wing.
(b) Make the tail movable.
(c) Have wheels instead of skids for landing.
(d) Make the wind lighter.
3. When did the U.S. Signal Corps sign a contract with the Wright brothers?
4. Who figured out the problem that made some flight of the glider go awry?
(c) Dr Langley.
5. What did Bishop Wright compare his sons' reading habits to?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A librerian.
(c) A physician.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made the second attempt the first powered flight?
2. How long did the flights in August last?
3. Why was the testing of the Wrights' new glider postponed from August to September?
4. How far did Wilbur travel during his 39-minute fight?
5. How long did the Wright brothers take to do their wing experiments?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did the brothers encounter?
2. What did the Wright brothers make history with in May 1908?
3. What did the Wright Brothers know about a motor in Chapter 6?
4. What happened for the first time at the end of May?
5. What happened for the next two and a half years according to Chapter 8?
6. What did the Wright brothers realize upon their return to Ohio in Chapter 5?
7. What did Wilbur and Orville decide to build themselves?
8. What was clear about the Wright Flyer being considered a practical airplane?
9. What did Wilbur write to manufacturers about?
10. What did Wilbur and Orville do with success?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)