|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the first prospect of the Wright brothers do?
(a) They bought 5.
(b) They turned them down.
(c) They asked for a plane capable of dropping bombs.
(d) They asked for a free loan for a few months.
2. What did the Wright brothers do on rainy days at Kill Devil Hills?
(a) Applied for a patent.
(b) Calculated fligt parameters.
(c) Assembled the motorized plane.
(d) Designed a new airplane.
3. Why would the Wright brothers have a clear conscience?
(a) They tried to sell it to the U.S. government first.
(b) They sold 200 to the U.S. Army.
(c) They sold a license to the U.S. Army.
(d) They patented the plane.
4. How long did the Wright brothers go without flying after 1905 according to Chapter 8?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. How long did the flight during the second trial last?
(a) 119 seconds.
(b) 63 seconds.
(c) 5 seconds.
(d) 12 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after their flight did Wilbur and Orville contact a family member?
2. How many of the Wrights' flights went awry with their largest glider?
3. What characteristics did the Wright brothers want for their engine?
4. Who did Wilbur and Orville contact after their successful flight?
5. Who figured out the problem that made some flight of the glider go awry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was clear about the Wright Flyer being considered a practical airplane?
2. What did Wilbur and Orville decide to build themselves?
3. What did the Wright brothers make history with in May 1908?
4. What made Wilbur an international celebrity?
5. What did Wilbur write to manufacturers about?
6. What did the brothers build to test different types of wing surfaces?
7. What record did Wilbur set on October 5, 1905?
8. What did Katherine write to her father?
9. What did the brothers continue to do?
10. What did Wilbur and Orville do with success?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)