|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bike shops did the brothers have by 1899?
2. What was the magazine Amos Root published his article about the Wright's flight about?
(c) Auto repair.
3. What are the wings in a plane used for?
(a) Support the engine.
(b) Gain lift.
(c) Stabilize the flight.
(d) Support the pilot.
4. When did Da Vinci live?
(a) 19th century.
(b) 15th century.
(c) 11th century.
(d) 16th century.
5. Who was Ivonette according to Chapter 2?
(a) The Wright brothers' tutor.
(b) The Wright brothers' cousin.
(c) The Wright brothers' sister.
(d) The Wright brothers' Sunday school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Wrights' glider sent to Kitty Hawk?
2. Where is Kitty Hawk located?
3. How long did the press say it would take for men to fly?
4. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
5. What did the monk, Eilmer, blame his crash on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
2. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in the article?
3. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
4. What did Wilbur request from the Smithsonian Institute according to Chapter 4?
5. What was the Wright Cycle Company?
6. Why was Root proud?
7. What did Bishop Wright say about his sons regarding who contributed the most to the business?
8. What three basic requirements did the Wright brothers notice were necessary for a flying machine?
9. Who was Eilmer?
10. What was the difference between the Wright brother's glider and that of Chanute and Lilienthal?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)