|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did George Cayley live?
2. Where is Kitty Hawk located?
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
3. What was the name of the Wrights' sister?
4. In what state did the flight witnessed by Amos Root take place?
(c) New York.
5. How long did the press say it would take for men to fly?
(a) 1 to 10 million years.
(b) 10 million years.
(c) 5 to 10 million years.
(d) 2 to 10 million years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Ed Sines promoted as manger of the bike shop?
2. How old was Bishop Wright when he died?
3. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
4. What did Bishop Wright answer to the question about which of his sons was the most influential in their duo?
5. How many siblings did the Wright brothers have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How were the Wright brothers different?
2. What three basic requirements did the Wright brothers notice were necessary for a flying machine?
3. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
4. What did Wilbur say the brothers did since childhood at the start of Chapter 2?
5. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
6. What did Otto Lilienthal pioneer according to Chapter 3?
7. What did Amos Root hear of according to Chapter 1?
8. What did Root do upon returning to Medina, Ohio?
9. Why was Root proud?
10. What did Root's piece claim the story he told out-rivaled?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)