|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What education did the Wright brothers have?
(a) Never went to school.
(b) Never finished high school.
(d) They were home schooled.
2. How many siblings did the Wright brothers have?
3. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in his articles?
(a) Mark Walace.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(d) Fransisco de Gama.
4. Who salvaged the Wrights brothers' kites?
(a) The town sheriff.
(b) A fisherman.
(c) The postmaster.
(d) The store clerk.
5. Who was Ivonette according to Chapter 2?
(a) The Wright brothers' Sunday school teacher.
(b) The Wright brothers' sister.
(c) The Wright brothers' tutor.
(d) The Wright brothers' cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Wilbur arrive in Kitty Hawk?
2. When did Da Vinci live?
3. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
4. What was the profession of the Wright's brothers' father?
5. What toy inspired the Wright brothers in flight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Lilienthal in 1896?
2. How were the Wright brothers different?
3. What three basic requirements did the Wright brothers notice were necessary for a flying machine?
4. Who was Eilmer?
5. What did the brothers always have a knack for?
6. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
7. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
8. Who were Wilbur and Orville Wright?
9. Who was Icarus?
10. What did Leonardo da Vinci give thought to?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)