|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Ed Sines promoted as manger of the bike shop?
2. What toy inspired the Wright brothers in flight?
(a) A toy boat.
(b) A toy helicopter.
(c) A toy hot air balloon.
(d) A toy plane.
3. Who was piloting the flying machine Amos Root came to see in Chapter 1?
(a) Carl Huffman.
(b) Orville Wright.
(c) Wilbur Wright.
(d) Amos Root.
4. When was the first bridge across the Missouri built?
5. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in his articles?
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Mark Walace.
(d) Fransisco de Gama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the wings in a plane used for?
2. What was the profession of the Wright's brothers' father?
3. Who salvaged the Wrights brothers' kites?
4. When was Amos Root's article published?
5. How was the Wrights' glider sent to Kitty Hawk?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Wilbur Wright when Root arrived?
2. Who was Icarus?
3. How were the Wright brothers different?
4. Who was Eilmer?
5. What did Root's piece claim the story he told out-rivaled?
6. Who were Wilbur and Orville Wright?
7. Why was Root proud?
8. What did Leonardo da Vinci give thought to?
9. What did Otto Lilienthal pioneer according to Chapter 3?
10. What did Amos Root hear of according to Chapter 1?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)