|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Wright brothers out-rival according to Root's article?
(a) The Minotaur.
(b) The Arabian Nights fables.
(c) Moby Dick.
2. When did Da Vinci live?
(a) 11th century.
(b) 16th century.
(c) 19th century.
(d) 15th century.
3. When was Wilbur born?
4. What were Kitty Hawk's giant sand dunes known as?
(a) Kill Devil Hill.
(b) King Geaorge Hill.
(c) Kill of the Hill.
(d) King Devil Hill.
5. When did Lilienthal die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Icarus' father?
2. Why did Orville drop out of high school?
3. How many versions of a glider did Lilienthal build?
4. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
5. When did the Wright brothers return to Kitty Hawk next?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the brothers prepared to do?
2. What did Wilbur need to know to find good test locations?
3. What did Bishop Wright say about his sons regarding who contributed the most to the business?
4. What did Amos Root hear of according to Chapter 1?
5. What was the difference between the Wright brother's glider and that of Chanute and Lilienthal?
6. What did Root's piece claim the story he told out-rivaled?
7. What did Otto Lilienthal pioneer according to Chapter 3?
8. Who was Icarus?
9. What did Leonardo da Vinci give thought to?
10. What did the brothers always have a knack for?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)