|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Wright brothers contact their family member at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) By mail.
(b) By telegram.
(c) By courrier.
(d) By phone.
2. When did Wilbur set his 39-minute flight record?
(a) October 5th, 1905.
(b) October 5th, 1909.
(c) October 5th, 1902.
(d) October 5th, 1906.
3. What did the Wright brothers know they wouldn't do at the start of Chapter 6?
(a) Attach any motor on one of the glider.
(b) Put three people on a plane.
(c) Add a wood cabin for the pilot.
(d) Add larger fabric wings.
4. How long did the flight during the second trial last?
(a) 119 seconds.
(b) 63 seconds.
(c) 5 seconds.
(d) 12 seconds.
5. How fast was the plane for the U.S. Signal Corp made by the Wright brothers supposed to fly?
(a) 100 mph minimum.
(b) 60 mph minimum.
(c) 50 mph minimum.
(d) 40 mph minimum.
6. What happened during the first test flight of the new plane?
(a) The plane hit the ground.
(b) The plane land in water.
(c) The plane flip over.
(d) The plane stall.
7. What did Bishop Wright compare his sons' reading habits to?
(a) A mechanic.
(b) A physician.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A librerian.
8. What happened on May 14, 1908?
(a) The Wright brothers flew a 2-man plane.
(b) The Wright brothers flew a 10-man plane.
(c) The Wright brothers flew a 20-man plane.
(d) The Wright brothers flew a 4-man plane.
9. How long did the flights in August last?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) Twelve mailes.
(c) A quarter of a mile.
(d) A mile.
10. Why did the Wright Brothers have to build a new frame for the powered aircraft?
(a) The glider one was too short.
(b) They wanted to add sponsors on the frame.
(c) So it was able to withstand the motor vibration and weight.
(d) They wanted it to be a two person airplane.
11. What did the Wright brothers decide after contacting their first prospect?
(a) Stop selling the plane.
(b) Sell the plane to whoever wanted it.
(c) Make the plane a military secret.
(d) Sell the plane only to americans.
12. How many times did Wilbur circle the Huffman Prairie during his 39-minute flight?
(a) 30 times.
(b) 53 times.
(c) 15 times.
(d) 25 times.
13. How long after the first trial did the second trial take place?
(a) 6 days later.
(b) 15 days later.
(c) 8 days later.
(d) 12 days later.
14. What were the Wright brothers waiting for before flying again?
(a) The plane to sold.
(b) Patents to be awarded.
(c) For the Flyer 4 to be built.
(d) The media to pay attention.
15. Why did the Wright brothers refuse to give their prospect what they wanted?
(a) They were afraid of people stealing their design.
(b) They didn't think it was possible.
(c) They wanted to be paid in advance.
(d) They refused to sell the exclusivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far did Wilbur travel during his 39-minute fight?
2. Who figured out the problem that made some flight of the glider go awry?
3. What did the first prospect of the Wright brothers do?
4. Why were the customers of the bike shop forced to wait outside the shop?
5. Who was offered the right to the Wrights' plane first?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)