|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would need to be done to solve the problem of the awry flights?
(a) Have wheels instead of skids for landing.
(b) Make the wind lighter.
(c) Make the tail movable.
(d) Put the pilot on the top wing.
2. What was the weight of the Wright brothers' largest glider after running their wing experiments?
(a) :ess than 90 lbs.
(b) Less than 80 lbs.
(c) Less than 120 lbs.
(d) Less than 100 lbs.
3. How long after Lilienthal's fatal accident did the Wright brothers fly?
(a) 12 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. What was the wing span of the Wright brothers' largest glider after running their wing experiments?
(a) 32 feet.
(b) 42 feet.
(c) 62 feet.
(d) 22 feet.
5. What were the Wright brothers waiting for before flying again?
(a) Patents to be awarded.
(b) The plane to sold.
(c) For the Flyer 4 to be built.
(d) The media to pay attention.
6. Where did Orville go to to fix the shafts issues?
(d) New York.
7. What took 5 months to design?
(a) The propeller.
(b) The fuel.
(c) A carburator that works when the plane is upside down.
(d) The injection system.
8. How did Wilbur take the answer of its first prospect?
(a) He was estatic.
(c) He did not care.
9. What did Bishop Wright write after receiving the telegram from his sons in Chapter 7?
(a) A letter to the war department.
(b) A letter to their financial backer.
(c) A letter to their agent.
(d) A press statement.
10. When did Orville returned to Kill Devil Hills?
(a) December 1906.
(b) December 1904.
(c) December 1905.
(d) December 1903.
11. What did Bishop Wright compare his sons' reading habits to?
(a) A librerian.
(b) A physician.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A teacher.
12. How many wing models did the Wright brothers test?
13. How many manufacturers were able to provide an engine to the Wright's specifications?
14. How many times was Wilbur able to circle the Huffman prairie on November 9th?
(b) 10 times.
(c) 4 times.
(d) 8 times.
15. How long did the flight during the second trial last?
(a) 63 seconds.
(b) 5 seconds.
(c) 12 seconds.
(d) 119 seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened during the first test flight of the new plane?
2. How many of the Wrights' flights went awry with their largest glider?
3. What happened on May 14, 1908?
4. When did Wilbur set his 39-minute flight record?
5. How did the brothers decide who was going to pilot the new plane?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)