|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would need to be done to solve the problem of the awry flights?
(a) Have wheels instead of skids for landing.
(b) Put the pilot on the top wing.
(c) Make the tail movable.
(d) Make the wind lighter.
2. How far did Wilbur travel during his 39-minute fight?
(a) 44.5 miles.
(b) 34.5 miles.
(c) 14.5 miles.
(d) 24.5 miles.
3. What were the Wright brothers afraid of according to Chapter 8?
(a) Having a fair price for their plane.
(b) People crashing.
(c) People using planes to wage war.
(d) People stealing their invention.
4. What drawback did Huffman Prairie have?
(a) It was swampy.
(b) It was hilly.
(c) It was flat.
(d) It was small.
5. How fast was the plane for the U.S. Signal Corp made by the Wright brothers supposed to fly?
(a) 60 mph minimum.
(b) 50 mph minimum.
(c) 100 mph minimum.
(d) 40 mph minimum.
6. How many wing models did the Wright brothers test?
7. How many times was Wilbur able to circle the Huffman prairie on November 9th?
(a) 8 times.
(b) 4 times.
(d) 10 times.
8. How did Wilbur take the answer of its first prospect?
(b) He did not care.
(c) He was estatic.
9. When did the Wright brothers arrive at Kill Devil Hills?
(a) September 1904.
(b) September 1903.
(c) September 1906.
(d) September 1905.
10. What happened during the two times reporters came to see the Wright brothers fly?
(a) The plane crash.
(b) The journalist asked for a free tour to write a story.
(c) One of the journalists was killed.
(d) The plane did not take off.
11. What was the wing span of the Wright brothers' largest glider after running their wing experiments?
(a) 32 feet.
(b) 42 feet.
(c) 62 feet.
(d) 22 feet.
12. Why did the Wright Brothers have to build a new frame for the powered aircraft?
(a) So it was able to withstand the motor vibration and weight.
(b) They wanted to add sponsors on the frame.
(c) They wanted it to be a two person airplane.
(d) The glider one was too short.
13. Where was the new motorized glider assembled?
(a) In Ohio.
(c) Kill Devil Hills.
(d) In Maine.
14. Who figured out the problem that made some flight of the glider go awry?
(a) Dr Langley.
15. What did the plane motor have to be?
(a) Light and powerful.
(b) As light as possible.
(d) Heavy to avoid vibration problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many flights did Wilbur make in Camp D'Auvours?
2. What did Bishop Wright compare his sons' reading habits to?
3. How long did the flight during the second trial last?
4. How long after the first trial did the second trial take place?
5. What did the Wright brothers do on rainy days at Kill Devil Hills?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)