|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Wrights' mother die?
2. What was Samuel Langley the head of?
(a) The U.S. Post Office.
(b) The Smithsonian Insitution.
(c) The US War Department.
(d) The U.S. travel department.
3. What was the name of the Wrights' sister?
4. Who did Wilbur contact to get information to choose a test location?
(a) Dr. Langley.
(b) U.S. Weather Bureau.
(c) U.S. War Department.
(d) The U.S. Coast Guard.
5. When was Ed Sines promoted as manger of the bike shop?
6. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
(a) 25 to 50 mph average.
(b) 5 to10 mph average.
(c) 15 to 30 mph average.
(d) 10 to 20 mph average.
7. Who salvaged the Wrights brothers' kites?
(a) The town sheriff.
(b) The postmaster.
(c) The store clerk.
(d) A fisherman.
8. What was Orville's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
(a) The vision.
(b) The mechanical skills.
(c) The enthusiasm.
(d) The mathematical skills.
9. How did the pilot steer the plane?
(a) Laying down on the upper wing.
(b) Face down on the lower wing.
(c) Sitting on the lower wing.
(d) Sitting on the upper wing.
10. Where is Kitty Hawk located?
(a) New York.
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
11. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
(a) 11th century.
(b) 12th century.
(c) 13th century.
(d) 14th century.
12. Who was Ivonette according to Chapter 2?
(a) The Wright brothers' Sunday school teacher.
(b) The Wright brothers' cousin.
(c) The Wright brothers' sister.
(d) The Wright brothers' tutor.
13. What was the Wrights' mother's name?
14. How many siblings did the Wright brothers have?
15. What birds did the Wright brothers study to design what they thought was imperative to successful flight?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lilienthal die?
2. How many basic requirements would a powered flying machine have based on the Wright's research?
3. Why did Icarus' wings fail?
4. Where was Wilbur born?
5. What did Bishop Wright answer to the question about which of his sons was the most influential in their duo?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)