|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the pilot steer the plane?
(a) Laying down on the upper wing.
(b) Sitting on the lower wing.
(c) Face down on the lower wing.
(d) Sitting on the upper wing.
2. Who did Wilbur contact to get information to choose a test location?
(a) Dr. Langley.
(b) The U.S. Coast Guard.
(c) U.S. War Department.
(d) U.S. Weather Bureau.
3. Who salvaged the Wrights brothers' kites?
(a) The postmaster.
(b) The store clerk.
(c) The town sheriff.
(d) A fisherman.
4. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in his articles?
(a) Christopher Columbus.
(b) Mark Walace.
(d) Fransisco de Gama.
5. What did the monk, Eilmer, blame his crash on?
(a) Not having used wax.
(b) Not having waited for good wind.
(c) Not using feather
(d) Not having a tail.
6. When did George Cayley build the first successful model gliders?
7. How long after Wilbur did Orville arrive in Kitty Hawk?
(a) 11 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 10 days.
8. When was the first bridge across the Missouri built?
9. What was Orville's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
(a) The enthusiasm.
(b) The mechanical skills.
(c) The vision.
(d) The mathematical skills.
10. Why did Orville drop out of high school?
(a) To start a toy business.
(b) To start a printing business.
(c) To start a bike business.
(d) To start a plane business.
11. What was the name of the Wrights' sister?
12. What were the Wright brothers operating?
(a) A childcare center.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A car repair shop.
(d) A bike shop.
13. Who was Icarus' father?
14. How long did the flight witnessed by Amos Root last?
(a) 2 minutes, 36 seconds.
(b) 1 minute, 36 seconds.
(c) 3 minutes, 36 seconds.
(d) 4 minutes, 36 seconds.
15. How many siblings did the Wright brothers have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Kitty Hawk's giant sand dunes known as?
2. What did the Wright brothers out-rival according to Root's article?
3. Where was Orville born?
4. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
5. What was Orville's temperament?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)