|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Bishop Wright when he died?
2. How many full size gliders did Cayley build?
3. What were the Wright brothers operating?
(a) A car repair shop.
(b) A bike shop.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A childcare center.
4. What was Lilienthal referred to as according to Chapter 3?
(a) The flying man.
(b) The flying german.
(c) The bat man.
(d) The bird man.
5. How many siblings did the Wright brothers have?
6. How many basic requirements would a powered flying machine have based on the Wright's research?
7. What did the Lilienthal glider look like?
(a) Falcon wings.
(b) Sparrow wings.
(c) Owl wings.
(d) Bat wings.
8. How long after Wilbur did Orville arrive in Kitty Hawk?
(a) 11 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 10 days.
9. How many versions of a glider did Lilienthal build?
10. Where did George Cayley live?
11. Where was the plane built?
(a) In a seamstress shop.
(b) In a bicycle shop.
(c) In a car repair shop.
(d) In a boat shop.
12. How many bike shops did the brothers have by 1899?
13. What was Wilbur's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
(a) The vision.
(b) The enthusiasm.
(c) The mechanical skills.
(d) The mathematical skills.
14. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in his articles?
(b) Mark Walace.
(c) Christopher Columbus.
(d) Fransisco de Gama.
15. When did the Wrights' mother die?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Langley spend testing models before choosing a design?
2. How much did the U.S. Army give Langley to continue his work on planes?
3. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
4. What did the Wright brothers out-rival according to Root's article?
5. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)