|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bishop Wright answer to the question about which of his sons was the most influential in their duo?
(a) That they were equals.
(b) That their sister Katherine was the real mastermind.
(c) That Wilbur was more influential.
(d) That Orville was more influential.
2. What was Orville's temperament?
(a) Hard headed.
(c) Soft spoken.
3. Who was Ivonette according to Chapter 2?
(a) The Wright brothers' tutor.
(b) The Wright brothers' Sunday school teacher.
(c) The Wright brothers' sister.
(d) The Wright brothers' cousin.
4. Where did the Wright brothers have permission to test the plane?
(a) Huffman Prairie.
(b) The Smith's Property.
(c) The Crowman Field.
(d) The Markus Estate.
5. Where was Wilbur born?
(c) New York.
6. How many full size gliders did Cayley build?
7. Where was the plane built?
(a) In a car repair shop.
(b) In a bicycle shop.
(c) In a seamstress shop.
(d) In a boat shop.
8. What did the Lilienthal glider look like?
(a) Bat wings.
(b) Falcon wings.
(c) Sparrow wings.
(d) Owl wings.
9. When was the first bridge across the Missouri built?
10. When was Orville born?
11. When did Langley try the full size version of his plane for the first time?
(a) October 27, 1903.
(b) October 17, 1903.
(c) October 7, 1903.
(d) October 12, 1903.
12. When did the Wright brothers return to Kitty Hawk next?
(a) Summer 1904.
(b) Summer 1901.
(c) Summer 1902.
(d) Summer 1903.
13. What was Lilienthal referred to as according to Chapter 3?
(a) The flying german.
(b) The bird man.
(c) The flying man.
(d) The bat man.
14. How much did the Smithsonian institution give Langley to continue his work on planes?
15. How much did the U.S. Army give Langley to continue his work on planes?
(c) $ 40,000.
(d) $ 30,000.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Amos Root's article published?
2. What toy inspired the Wright brothers in flight?
3. How many siblings did the Wright brothers have?
4. What were the two approaches to studying flight in the late 1800s?
5. How long did the press say it would take for men to fly?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)