|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Orville's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
(a) The vision.
(b) The enthusiasm.
(c) The mechanical skills.
(d) The mathematical skills.
2. Who did Wilbur contact to get information to choose a test location?
(a) U.S. War Department.
(b) Dr. Langley.
(c) The U.S. Coast Guard.
(d) U.S. Weather Bureau.
3. Why did Orville drop out of high school?
(a) To start a plane business.
(b) To start a bike business.
(c) To start a printing business.
(d) To start a toy business.
4. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
5. What was Wilbur's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
(a) The vision.
(b) The mechanical skills.
(c) The mathematical skills.
(d) The enthusiasm.
6. How long after Wilbur did Orville arrive in Kitty Hawk?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 12 days.
(c) 11 days.
(d) 15 days.
7. How many years did Langley spend testing models before choosing a design?
8. What was Orville's temperament?
(a) Soft spoken.
(b) Hard headed.
9. What was the Wrights' mother's name?
10. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
(a) 13th century.
(b) 14th century.
(c) 12th century.
(d) 11th century.
11. How much did the U.S. Army give Langley to continue his work on planes?
(c) $ 40,000.
(d) $ 30,000.
12. How much did the Smithsonian institution give Langley to continue his work on planes?
13. What did the Wright brothers use a tombstone for?
(a) The bed of a printing machine.
(b) A utility grinding tool.
(c) His assembly table.
(d) The brakes of his bike.
14. Where did George Cayley live?
15. What was the profession of the Wright's brothers' father?
(a) A printer.
(b) A bishop.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) A bike repair man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the two approaches to studying flight in the late 1800s?
2. What are the wings in a plane used for?
3. Where was the plane built?
4. How many siblings did the Wright brothers have?
5. Where did the Wright brothers have permission to test the plane?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)