|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many versions of a glider did Lilienthal build?
2. How much did the Smithsonian institution give Langley to continue his work on planes?
3. How long did the press say it would take for men to fly?
(a) 5 to 10 million years.
(b) 2 to 10 million years.
(c) 1 to 10 million years.
(d) 10 million years.
4. What birds did the Wright brothers study to design what they thought was imperative to successful flight?
5. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in his articles?
(a) Fransisco de Gama.
(b) Christopher Columbus.
(c) Mark Walace.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Wrights' mother die?
2. What was Samuel Langley the head of?
3. What were the two approaches to studying flight in the late 1800s?
4. What did the Wright brothers out-rival according to Root's article?
5. How many bike shops did the brothers have by 1899?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)