|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bike shops did the brothers have by 1899?
2. What were the two approaches to studying flight in the late 1800s?
(a) Models and flight using animals.
(b) Models and manned gliders.
(c) Mathematical models and manned gliders.
(d) Mathematical models and real models.
3. Where is Kitty Hawk located?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
4. How was the Wrights' glider sent to Kitty Hawk?
(a) By train.
(b) By plane.
(c) By car.
(d) By horse carriage.
5. When was Wilbur born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
2. When did Wilbur arrive in Kitty Hawk?
3. What did the monk, Eilmer, blame his crash on?
4. Where did George Cayley live?
5. Who was piloting the flying machine Amos Root came to see in Chapter 1?
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)