|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Wright brothers do on rainy days at Kill Devil Hills?
(a) Applied for a patent.
(b) Calculated fligt parameters.
(c) Assembled the motorized plane.
(d) Designed a new airplane.
2. What characteristics did the Wright brothers want for their engine?
(a) 16 horsepower and less than 150 pound.
(b) 8 horsepower and less than 200 pound.
(c) 8 horsepower and less than 150 pound.
(d) 20 horsepower and less than 200 pound.
3. What did the Wright brothers have to design?
(a) The fuel.
(b) A carburetor that works when the plane is upside down.
(c) The propellers.
(d) The injection system.
4. When did the Wright brothers establish their manufacturing company?
5. Where was the new motorized glider assembled?
(a) In Ohio.
(b) In Maine.
(d) Kill Devil Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bishop Wright compare his sons' reading habits to?
2. What did the Wright brothers start to devise a way to do at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What did almost all the New Yorkers at the end of Chapter 9 have in common?
4. How many full size gliders did Cayley build?
5. How many flights did Wilbur make in Camp D'Auvours?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)