|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many New Yorkers watched the one flight described at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Nearly 1,000.
(b) Nearly 10,000.
(c) Nearly 100,000.
(d) Nearly 1,000,000.
2. Who tried to convince the Wright brothers to fly publicly?
(d) Bishop Wright.
3. Where was Wilbur when he sent the letter to his brother?
4. What would need to be done to solve the problem of the awry flights?
(a) Put the pilot on the top wing.
(b) Have wheels instead of skids for landing.
(c) Make the wind lighter.
(d) Make the tail movable.
5. Who did Wilbur contact to get information to choose a test location?
(a) U.S. Weather Bureau.
(b) The U.S. Coast Guard.
(c) Dr. Langley.
(d) U.S. War Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Kitty Hawk's giant sand dunes known as?
2. What did the first prospect of the Wright brothers do?
3. What happened during the two times reporters came to see the Wright brothers fly?
4. What does Wilbur say he lost because of his brother?
5. When was Ed Sines promoted as manger of the bike shop?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)