|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who started to see the value in planes at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) The US public.
(b) The transport industry.
(c) The medias.
(d) The U.S. government.
2. What happened on May 14, 1908?
(a) The Wright brothers flew a 4-man plane.
(b) The Wright brothers flew a 2-man plane.
(c) The Wright brothers flew a 20-man plane.
(d) The Wright brothers flew a 10-man plane.
3. What did the Wright brothers do on sunny days at Kill Devil Hills?
(a) Flew the 1906 glider.
(b) Flew the 1904 glider.
(c) Flew the 1903 glider.
(d) Flew the 1902 glider.
4. How many basic requirements would a powered flying machine have based on the Wright's research?
5. What does Bishop Wright compare his inseparable sons to?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Cat and dog.
(d) Siamese twins.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first non-stop transcontinental flight made?
2. When did the demonstration flights at Fort Meyer start?
3. When was the first coast-to-coast flight across the U.S. made?
4. When did Lilienthal die?
5. How many bike shops did the brothers have by 1899?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)