|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the brothers decide who was going to pilot the new plane?
(a) They chose the one with the more experience.
(b) They strong-armed it.
(c) They tossed a coin.
(d) They chose by age.
2. When was the airmail service put in place?
3. Who witnessed Wilbur's first flight with the flyer?
(a) John Marshal of the New York Times.
(b) Their sister.
(c) Their father.
(d) Amos Root.
4. How many wing models did the Wright brothers test?
5. When did the demonstration flights at Fort Meyer start?
(a) September 12.
(b) September 3.
(c) September 6.
(d) September 13.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Wrights' mother's name?
2. When did the Benedictine monk Eilmer live?
3. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
4. How many years did Langley spend testing models before choosing a design?
5. What happened during the first test flight of the new plane?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)