|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What toy inspired the Wright brothers in flight?
(a) A toy boat.
(b) A toy plane.
(c) A toy helicopter.
(d) A toy hot air balloon.
2. What was Samuel Langley the head of?
(a) The U.S. Post Office.
(b) The Smithsonian Insitution.
(c) The U.S. travel department.
(d) The US War Department.
3. What were Kitty Hawk's giant sand dunes known as?
(a) King Geaorge Hill.
(b) Kill Devil Hill.
(c) Kill of the Hill.
(d) King Devil Hill.
4. In what state did the flight witnessed by Amos Root take place?
(b) New York.
5. What were the Wright brothers operating?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A bike shop.
(c) A car repair shop.
(d) A childcare center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ivonette according to Chapter 2?
2. What were the two approaches to studying flight in the late 1800s?
3. What was Lilienthal referred to as according to Chapter 3?
4. Where did the Wright brothers have permission to test the plane?
5. What did the Lilienthal glider look like?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)