|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Langley spend testing models before choosing a design?
2. When did Langley try the full size version of his plane for the first time?
(a) October 17, 1903.
(b) October 7, 1903.
(c) October 27, 1903.
(d) October 12, 1903.
3. When was Ed Sines promoted as manger of the bike shop?
4. How did the pilot steer the plane?
(a) Laying down on the upper wing.
(b) Sitting on the lower wing.
(c) Sitting on the upper wing.
(d) Face down on the lower wing.
5. What are the wings in a plane used for?
(a) Stabilize the flight.
(b) Support the pilot.
(c) Gain lift.
(d) Support the engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Ivonette according to Chapter 2?
2. Why did Icarus' wings fail?
3. When did the Wright brothers return to Kitty Hawk next?
4. Who did Wilbur contact to get information to choose a test location?
5. How much did the U.S. Army give Langley to continue his work on planes?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)