|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after Lilienthal's fatal accident did the Wright brothers fly?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. Where did Orville go to to fix the shafts issues?
(b) New York.
3. Where was Wilbur born?
(a) New York.
4. What would need to be done to solve the problem of the awry flights?
(a) Make the wind lighter.
(b) Have wheels instead of skids for landing.
(c) Make the tail movable.
(d) Put the pilot on the top wing.
5. How far did Amos Root travel to see the flying machine in Chapter 1?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 400 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the Smithsonian institution give Langley to continue his work on planes?
2. How did the pilot steer the plane?
3. What did the Wright brothers decide to do about the data concerning flight?
4. What was Orville's contribution to the Wright brothers' duo?
5. Where was the new motorized glider assembled?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)