|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Wilbur write a letter to the Smithsonian asking for information about flight?
2. What caused frustration for the Wrights?
(a) Problems with the shaft used for control.
(b) Prblems with the wheels shaft.
(c) Problems with the shaft used as wing support
(d) Problems with the propeller shafts and transmission.
3. What was Orville's temperament?
(b) Hard headed.
(c) Soft spoken.
4. In what state did the flight witnessed by Amos Root take place?
(b) New York.
5. How long did the Wright brothers take to do their wing experiments?
(a) Several weeks.
(b) Several days.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the testing of the Wrights' new glider postponed from August to September?
2. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
3. What did the Wright brothers realize concerning the data they had in Chapter 5?
4. What were the two approaches to studying flight in the late 1800s?
5. What did Bishop Wright answer to the question about which of his sons was the most influential in their duo?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)