|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Root compare the Wright brothers to in his articles?
(a) Fransisco de Gama.
(b) Mark Walace.
(d) Christopher Columbus.
2. How much did the Smithsonian institution give Langley to continue his work on planes?
3. What did the Wright brothers have in common in adulthood?
(a) They were both blonde with blue eyes.
(b) They both liked the same kind of music.
(c) They were attracted to the same kind of women.
(d) They didn't drink, smoke or get married.
4. How many versions of a glider did Lilienthal build?
5. Why did Orville drop out of high school?
(a) To start a toy business.
(b) To start a printing business.
(c) To start a plane business.
(d) To start a bike business.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the monk, Eilmer, blame his crash on?
2. What birds did the Wright brothers study to design what they thought was imperative to successful flight?
3. What did the Wright brothers do on rainy days at Kill Devil Hills?
4. Where was the plane built?
5. What was the Wrights' mother's name?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)