|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the Wright brothers operating?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A bike shop.
(c) A car repair shop.
(d) A childcare center.
2. Who was Ivonette according to Chapter 2?
(a) The Wright brothers' cousin.
(b) The Wright brothers' sister.
(c) The Wright brothers' Sunday school teacher.
(d) The Wright brothers' tutor.
3. How fast was the wind at Kitty Hawk?
(a) 10 to 20 mph average.
(b) 25 to 50 mph average.
(c) 15 to 30 mph average.
(d) 5 to10 mph average.
4. Where is Kitty Hawk located?
(a) New York.
(b) South Carolina.
(c) North Carolina.
5. What took 5 months to design?
(a) The propeller.
(b) The injection system.
(c) The fuel.
(d) A carburator that works when the plane is upside down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Lilienthal glider look like?
2. How long did the flight witnessed by Amos Root last?
3. What were Icarus' wings made of?
4. What did the Wright brothers do on rainy days at Kill Devil Hills?
5. Where was the plane built?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)