|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
2. The authentic artist hopes to create something of value for whom?
(a) The intellectual elite
(d) His countrymen
3. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) The empowerment of its citizens
(b) Perpetuating the nation
(c) Its own profit
(d) Reducing crime
4. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
(a) The European Union
(b) The UN
(c) The Arab League
5. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(d) Racial discrimination
6. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Southern culture
(b) Eastern culture
(c) Western culture
(d) Russian culture
7. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
(a) A single common identity
(b) A return of colonial culture
(c) Colonial rule
(d) Their own cultural tradition
8. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
(a) Colonial heritage
(b) Violent revolution
9. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(a) Loyalty to the colonialists
(b) Demands from other countries
(c) Regional and tribal interests
10. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(a) The elderly
(b) Loyal colonialists
(c) Young people
11. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(a) Social movements
12. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Permission from the colonialists
(b) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(c) Research into the pre-existing native culture
(d) Burying the past
13. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Leaves the country before violence can occur
(b) Ignores the natives
(c) Reacts with a reign of terror
(d) Gives more concessions to the natives
14. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The manufacturing sector
(b) The lower sector
(c) The intermediary sector
(d) The advertising sector
15. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
(a) A cooptation of colonial culture
(b) A break from the colonial culture
(c) A demonstration that the colonial culture has been learned
(d) Learning the colonial culture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
2. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
3. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
4. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
5. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)