|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
2. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(a) Racial discrimination
3. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Russian culture
(b) Western culture
(c) Eastern culture
(d) Southern culture
4. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(a) Young people
(b) Loyal colonialists
(d) The elderly
5. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
(a) It decreased by ten percent
(c) It stayed the same
6. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The revolutionary leaders
(b) The colonial power's poor
(c) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(d) The rural peasants
7. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(c) To be a colonial power
8. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(a) Demands from other countries
(b) Loyalty to the colonialists
(c) Regional and tribal interests
9. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
(a) The cities
(b) The ghetto fringe
(c) The suburbs
(d) The country
10. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The colonial power
(b) The bourgeoisie
(c) The intellectual elites
(d) The country
11. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
12. The colonial middle class lacks what?
13. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
(a) The equality in the nation
(b) The corruption in the nation
(c) That the future is their own
(d) The colonial power
14. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
15. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
(d) Puerto Rico
Short Answer Questions
1. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
2. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
3. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
4. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
5. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)