|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
(a) Create tribal tensions
(b) Stagnate the movement
(c) Slow it down
(d) Speed it up
2. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More work and output
(b) More dedication to the colonial power
(c) More sacrifice for the nation
(d) More revolutionary feelings
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Labor
(b) Ministry of Culture
(c) Ministry of Defense
(d) Ministry of Commerce
4. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
(a) Western influence
(b) Greater power
(c) Utopian societies
(d) Liberation from colonialism
5. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) TV personalities
(b) Revolutionary leaders
(c) Tourist guides
6. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The colonialists' grapes
(b) The status quo
(c) The middle classes' leadership
(d) Their own native soil
7. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
(a) Their economic status
(b) Their culture
(c) Their slave status
(d) Their relation with whites
8. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
9. Where should the new government be seated?
(a) In the colonial nation
(b) The largest city
(c) A small city
(d) The country
10. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
(b) Socioeconomic statuses
(c) Types of exploitation
(d) Political goals
11. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their repression
(b) Their individuality
(c) Their country
(d) Their hope
12. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) Cultural writings
(b) Religious rituals
(c) National consciousness
(d) Ancient trade routes
13. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
(b) Unhappy with their position
(d) Loyal to the colonialists
14. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) International corporations and the colonial power
(b) Natives and the new colonial power
(c) International corporations and the native population
(d) The UN and the native population
15. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(b) Loyalty to the colonialists
(c) Regional and tribal interests
(d) Demands from other countries
Short Answer Questions
1. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
2. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
3. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
4. The colonial middle class lacks what?
5. Which of the following is a former French colony?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)