|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
2. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
(a) Their slave status
(b) Their culture
(c) Their relation with whites
(d) Their economic status
3. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
4. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
5. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
6. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To give in to the colonialists
(b) To stay in touch with the people
(c) To make the most money
(d) To protect themselves
7. Which of the following is a former French colony?
(d) South Africa
8. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their repression
(b) Their country
(c) Their individuality
(d) Their hope
9. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
(a) Emmigrate from the country
(b) Use the colonial culture
(c) Rouse others to fight the enemy
(d) Have others abandon the native culture
10. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(b) TV personalities
(c) Revolutionary leaders
(d) Tourist guides
11. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(b) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(c) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(d) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
12. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(b) Social movements
13. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(b) A dictatorship
(c) A democracy
14. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(b) Loyalty to the colonialists
(c) Demands from other countries
(d) Regional and tribal interests
15. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
2. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
3. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
4. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
5. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)