|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) Religious rituals
(b) Cultural writings
(c) National consciousness
(d) Ancient trade routes
2. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
3. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
4. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
(a) The colonial power forces it to
(b) It becomes too much like the colonial power
(c) It is no longer needed
(d) It is cut off from the people
5. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Defense
(b) Ministry of Culture
(c) Ministry of Commerce
(d) Ministry of Labor
6. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Southern culture
(b) Russian culture
(c) Western culture
(d) Eastern culture
7. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The bourgeoisie
(b) The country
(c) The colonial power
(d) The intellectual elites
8. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) A real need of the people
(b) Reducing crime
(c) Staying out of international trouble
(d) Building up capitalism
9. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
(a) Puerto Rico
10. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To give in to the colonialists
(b) To make the most money
(c) To stay in touch with the people
(d) To protect themselves
11. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct views on colonialism
(b) Distinct social problems
(c) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
(d) Distinct types of exploitation
12. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
(a) Stagnate the movement
(b) Speed it up
(c) Slow it down
(d) Create tribal tensions
13. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
14. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
15. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(b) A dictatorship
(d) A democracy
Short Answer Questions
1. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
2. The colonial middle class lacks what?
3. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
4. Which of the following is a former French colony?
5. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)