|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The status quo
(b) The middle classes' leadership
(c) Their own native soil
(d) The colonialists' grapes
2. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Creating a native culture
(b) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
(c) Throwing off colonial rule
(d) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
3. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Commerce
(b) Ministry of Defense
(c) Ministry of Culture
(d) Ministry of Labor
4. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
5. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(b) To be a colonial power
6. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(c) Social movements
7. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
8. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
(a) The colonial society
(b) The intellectual elites
(c) The bourgeoisie
(d) His own people
9. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
(a) It is cut off from the people
(b) It is no longer needed
(c) The colonial power forces it to
(d) It becomes too much like the colonial power
10. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
(a) Slow it down
(b) Stagnate the movement
(c) Speed it up
(d) Create tribal tensions
11. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
(a) Rouse others to fight the enemy
(b) Have others abandon the native culture
(c) Emmigrate from the country
(d) Use the colonial culture
12. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
(a) Utopian societies
(b) Greater power
(c) Liberation from colonialism
(d) Western influence
13. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
(b) Relief that the natives want self-rule
(c) Concern about preventing massacres
(d) Feigned deep concern
14. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct types of exploitation
(b) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
(c) Distinct views on colonialism
(d) Distinct social problems
15. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
(a) Their culture
(b) Their relation with whites
(c) Their economic status
(d) Their slave status
Short Answer Questions
1. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
2. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
3. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
4. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
5. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)