|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) National consciousness
(b) Religious rituals
(c) Cultural writings
(d) Ancient trade routes
2. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(b) The elderly
(c) Young people
(d) Loyal colonialists
3. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The rural peasants
(b) The revolutionary leaders
(c) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(d) The colonial power's poor
4. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(b) Social movements
5. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Culture
(b) Ministry of Commerce
(c) Ministry of Labor
(d) Ministry of Defense
6. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
(a) The culture of the colonial country
(b) The culture of other native groups
(c) Distrust of anything new
(d) Fear of the past
7. Fanon suggests that those who refuse to get involved are what?
8. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(a) A dictatorship
(c) A democracy
9. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
10. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The colonialists' grapes
(b) Their own native soil
(c) The status quo
(d) The middle classes' leadership
11. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(b) Loyalty to the colonialists
(c) Demands from other countries
(d) Regional and tribal interests
12. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
(a) Their culture
(b) Their slave status
(c) Their economic status
(d) Their relation with whites
13. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
14. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
(c) Loyal to the colonialists
(d) Unhappy with their position
15. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(b) Research into the pre-existing native culture
(c) Burying the past
(d) Permission from the colonialists
Short Answer Questions
1. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
2. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
3. Which of the following is a former French colony?
4. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
5. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)