|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon says that the leaders of the party in an underdeveloped country should live where?
(a) The ghetto fringe
(b) The suburbs
(c) The cities
(d) The country
2. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(a) Loyalty to the colonialists
(c) Regional and tribal interests
(d) Demands from other countries
3. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
(a) Western influence
(b) Utopian societies
(c) Greater power
(d) Liberation from colonialism
4. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
(a) Emmigrate from the country
(b) Use the colonial culture
(c) Have others abandon the native culture
(d) Rouse others to fight the enemy
5. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
6. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
(a) Types of exploitation
(c) Socioeconomic statuses
(d) Political goals
7. What remains after colonialism ends?
(a) National unity and equality
(b) Revolutionary violence
(c) The disparities of wealth
(d) Loyalty to the colonial power
8. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) A real need of the people
(b) Building up capitalism
(c) Staying out of international trouble
(d) Reducing crime
9. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(b) Research into the pre-existing native culture
(c) Permission from the colonialists
(d) Burying the past
10. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
11. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(b) Racial discrimination
12. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(b) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(c) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(d) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
13. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
(b) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
(c) Supress the masses
(d) Leave the colonial power in control
14. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Commerce
(b) Ministry of Defense
(c) Ministry of Culture
(d) Ministry of Labor
15. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The colonial power's poor
(b) The rural peasants
(c) The revolutionary leaders
(d) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
2. What myth do the colonialists hold?
3. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
4. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
5. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)