|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
(d) Violent in expression
2. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) TV personalities
(b) Tourist guides
(c) Revolutionary leaders
3. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
(a) A cooptation of colonial culture
(b) Learning the colonial culture
(c) A break from the colonial culture
(d) A demonstration that the colonial culture has been learned
4. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
5. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Defense
(b) Ministry of Culture
(c) Ministry of Labor
(d) Ministry of Commerce
6. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
7. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
(a) The European Union
(b) The Arab League
(d) The UN
8. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The rural peasants
(b) The revolutionary leaders
(c) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(d) The colonial power's poor
9. The colonial middle class lacks what?
10. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(b) Racial discrimination
11. Which of the following is a former French colony?
(c) South Africa
12. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
(a) It stayed the same
(c) It decreased by ten percent
13. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
(b) Loyal to the colonialists
(c) Unhappy with their position
14. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) A real need of the people
(b) Staying out of international trouble
(c) Building up capitalism
(d) Reducing crime
15. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More work and output
(b) More revolutionary feelings
(c) More sacrifice for the nation
(d) More dedication to the colonial power
Short Answer Questions
1. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
2. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
3. What myth do the colonialists hold?
4. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
5. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)