|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
2. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their hope
(b) Their repression
(c) Their individuality
(d) Their country
3. Where should the new government be seated?
(a) The largest city
(b) In the colonial nation
(c) A small city
(d) The country
4. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
5. The colonial middle class lacks what?
6. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
(a) Political goals
(b) Types of exploitation
(d) Socioeconomic statuses
7. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
(a) The middle classes' leadership
(b) The status quo
(c) Their own native soil
(d) The colonialists' grapes
8. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
(a) The colonial power will regroup and be back
(b) Their forbears did the best they could to resist colonialism
(c) Their forbears gave up in the fight
(d) The colonial power will never be fully defeated
9. Which of the following is a former French colony?
(a) South Africa
10. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
11. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
(a) Emmigrate from the country
(b) Use the colonial culture
(c) Have others abandon the native culture
(d) Rouse others to fight the enemy
12. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) Tourist guides
(c) TV personalities
(d) Revolutionary leaders
13. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Burying the past
(b) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(c) Permission from the colonialists
(d) Research into the pre-existing native culture
14. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) Religious rituals
(b) Cultural writings
(c) National consciousness
(d) Ancient trade routes
15. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
(a) Colonial rule
(b) A return of colonial culture
(c) A single common identity
(d) Their own cultural tradition
Short Answer Questions
1. What myth do the colonialists hold?
2. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
3. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
4. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
5. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)