|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
(a) Stagnate the movement
(b) Slow it down
(c) Create tribal tensions
(d) Speed it up
2. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
3. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More dedication to the colonial power
(b) More revolutionary feelings
(c) More sacrifice for the nation
(d) More work and output
4. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
5. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To give in to the colonialists
(b) To protect themselves
(c) To make the most money
(d) To stay in touch with the people
6. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
(a) It becomes too much like the colonial power
(b) The colonial power forces it to
(c) It is cut off from the people
(d) It is no longer needed
7. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(a) A dictatorship
(d) A democracy
8. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
9. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Leave the colonial power in control
(b) Supress the masses
(c) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
(d) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
10. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
11. What myth do the colonialists hold?
(a) That the Europeans didn't add to the native culture
(b) That all was darkness before the Europeans arrived
(c) That the natives have added to European culture
(d) That the natives have more civilization than the colonialists
12. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
(b) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
(c) Creating a native culture
(d) Throwing off colonial rule
13. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
14. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
15. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
(a) The intellectual elites
(b) The bourgeoisie
(c) His own people
(d) The colonial society
Short Answer Questions
1. The colonial middle class lacks what?
2. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
3. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
4. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
5. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)