|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their hope
(b) Their individuality
(c) Their country
(d) Their repression
2. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) Natives and the new colonial power
(b) The UN and the native population
(c) International corporations and the native population
(d) International corporations and the colonial power
3. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
(a) The European Union
(c) The Arab League
(d) The UN
4. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
5. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
(a) To make the most money
(b) To stay in touch with the people
(c) To protect themselves
(d) To give in to the colonialists
6. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) Cultural writings
(b) National consciousness
(c) Religious rituals
(d) Ancient trade routes
7. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) Tourist guides
(b) TV personalities
(c) Revolutionary leaders
8. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
9. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Leave the colonial power in control
(b) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
(c) Supress the masses
(d) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
10. The colonial middle class lacks what?
11. Why does the national party begin to disintegrate?
(a) It becomes too much like the colonial power
(b) It is cut off from the people
(c) The colonial power forces it to
(d) It is no longer needed
12. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct types of exploitation
(b) Distinct social problems
(c) Distinct views on colonialism
(d) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
13. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
(a) Violent revolution
(c) Colonial heritage
14. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(d) To be a colonial power
15. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
(b) Puerto Rico
Short Answer Questions
1. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
2. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
3. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
4. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
5. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)