|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
(b) Violent in expression
2. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
3. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) For the good of all the people
(b) To strengthen the national consciousness
(c) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(d) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
4. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
5. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) National consciousness
(b) Cultural writings
(c) Religious rituals
(d) Ancient trade routes
6. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
(a) The colonial power will regroup and be back
(b) The colonial power will never be fully defeated
(c) Their forbears gave up in the fight
(d) Their forbears did the best they could to resist colonialism
7. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
(a) Wealth for the native
(b) Basic human dignity
(c) Colonial knowledge
(d) Technology advances
8. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
(a) A cooptation of colonial culture
(b) A break from the colonial culture
(c) A demonstration that the colonial culture has been learned
(d) Learning the colonial culture
9. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
(b) Supress the masses
(c) Leave the colonial power in control
(d) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
10. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(a) Racial discrimination
11. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Russian culture
(b) Western culture
(c) Eastern culture
(d) Southern culture
12. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
(a) The intellectual elites
(b) The colonial society
(c) His own people
(d) The bourgeoisie
13. Although former colonies have a potential unity, they also have what?
(a) Distinct types of exploitation
(b) Distinct identities apart from colonialism
(c) Distinct views on colonialism
(d) Distinct social problems
14. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
(a) The Arab League
(c) The UN
(d) The European Union
15. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
2. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
3. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
4. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
5. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)