|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) For the good of all the people
(b) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
(c) To strengthen the national consciousness
(d) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
2. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Commerce
(b) Ministry of Defense
(c) Ministry of Culture
(d) Ministry of Labor
3. The conflicts in the country may cause the manifestations of what?
(a) Racial discrimination
4. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Reducing crime
(b) Its own profit
(c) Perpetuating the nation
(d) The empowerment of its citizens
5. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
(a) Concern about preventing massacres
(c) Relief that the natives want self-rule
(d) Feigned deep concern
6. What myth do the colonialists hold?
(a) That the natives have added to European culture
(b) That the Europeans didn't add to the native culture
(c) That the natives have more civilization than the colonialists
(d) That all was darkness before the Europeans arrived
7. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
8. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The manufacturing sector
(b) The advertising sector
(c) The lower sector
(d) The intermediary sector
9. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
10. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
11. What country installed a fascist government after its revolution?
(a) Puerto Rico
12. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) Building up capitalism
(b) Reducing crime
(c) A real need of the people
(d) Staying out of international trouble
13. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
14. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
15. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
(b) It decreased by ten percent
(c) It stayed the same
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
2. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
3. Why does Fanon believe that they should live in this location?
4. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
5. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)