|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
2. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
(a) Distrust of anything new
(b) The culture of other native groups
(c) Fear of the past
(d) The culture of the colonial country
3. Where should the new government be seated?
(a) A small city
(b) The largest city
(c) The country
(d) In the colonial nation
4. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
(a) Relief that the natives want self-rule
(c) Feigned deep concern
(d) Concern about preventing massacres
5. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The rural peasants
(b) The colonial power's poor
(c) The revolutionary leaders
(d) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
6. What remains after colonialism ends?
(a) Revolutionary violence
(b) The disparities of wealth
(c) National unity and equality
(d) Loyalty to the colonial power
7. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
8. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(b) A democracy
(d) A dictatorship
9. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
10. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
(a) The Arab League
(c) The UN
(d) The European Union
11. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) Revolutionary leaders
(b) Tourist guides
(c) TV personalities
12. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Burying the past
(b) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(c) Permission from the colonialists
(d) Research into the pre-existing native culture
13. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
14. The reaching out of native intellectuals toward the native culture is an attempt to find what?
(b) Violent revolution
(d) Colonial heritage
15. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Eastern culture
(b) Western culture
(c) Russian culture
(d) Southern culture
Short Answer Questions
1. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
2. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
3. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
4. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
5. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)