|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
2. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
3. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
(a) Socioeconomic statuses
(b) Political goals
(d) Types of exploitation
4. Fanon proposes that programs and services for youth be attached to what department?
(a) Ministry of Labor
(b) Ministry of Commerce
(c) Ministry of Culture
(d) Ministry of Defense
5. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
6. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
(b) Throwing off colonial rule
(c) Creating a native culture
(d) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
7. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(a) A dictatorship
(c) A democracy
8. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Reacts with a reign of terror
(b) Ignores the natives
(c) Leaves the country before violence can occur
(d) Gives more concessions to the natives
9. American blacks discovered that culture is what type of phenomenon?
10. The colonial middle class lacks what?
11. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
(a) Their own cultural tradition
(b) A single common identity
(c) A return of colonial culture
(d) Colonial rule
12. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The intermediary sector
(b) The advertising sector
(c) The manufacturing sector
(d) The lower sector
13. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
(a) Colonial knowledge
(b) Technology advances
(c) Wealth for the native
(d) Basic human dignity
14. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The intellectual elites
(b) The bourgeoisie
(c) The country
(d) The colonial power
15. What does the middle class demand from the farm workers?
(a) More revolutionary feelings
(b) More work and output
(c) More sacrifice for the nation
(d) More dedication to the colonial power
Short Answer Questions
1. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
2. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
3. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
4. Which of the following is a former French colony?
5. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)