|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
(a) Revolutionary leaders
(c) Tourist guides
(d) TV personalities
2. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The oppression of the natives
(b) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(c) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(d) Giving up all violence
3. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) The UN and the native population
(b) International corporations and the native population
(c) International corporations and the colonial power
(d) Natives and the new colonial power
4. The twenty-one-year-old French woman was repulsed by what at her father's funeral?
(a) Having to attend with native people
(b) Seeing torture victims
(c) Having his death called an accident
(d) Statements about the moral superiority of the French
5. The rediscovered native culture is often what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the rural peasants feel about being bypassed at first?
2. What sustains the rebel cause?
3. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
4. The natives realize that they have been what by colonialism?
5. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)