|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
(a) The toil and sacrifice of natives
(b) Abandoning colonialism
(c) The resources in Europe
(d) Their superiority
2. What is it important for those who are about to throw off colonialism to realize?
(a) Their forbears did the best they could to resist colonialism
(b) The colonial power will never be fully defeated
(c) Their forbears gave up in the fight
(d) The colonial power will regroup and be back
3. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
(a) A real need of the people
(b) Building up capitalism
(c) Reducing crime
(d) Staying out of international trouble
4. Aboulia is what?
(a) The loss of fear
(b) The loss of movement
(c) The loss of willpower
(d) The loss of happiness
5. Victims of non-intellectual brainwashing learned to repeat what?
(a) France is the best ruler one could hope for
(b) I pledge my allegiance to France
(c) Algeria will be nothing without France
(d) Long live the Queen
Short Answer Questions
1. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
2. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
3. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
4. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
5. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)