|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
2. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
3. Why did the two boys kill their playmate?
(a) He insulted the boys
(b) They did it on accident
(c) They hated all natives
(d) His father in the French militia, responsible for killing Algerians
4. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The intellectual elites
(b) The colonial power
(c) The bourgeoisie
(d) The country
5. What remains after colonialism ends?
(a) National unity and equality
(b) The disparities of wealth
(c) Loyalty to the colonial power
(d) Revolutionary violence
Short Answer Questions
1. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
2. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
3. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
4. The colonial power treats the natives as what?
5. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)