|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
(b) Creating a native culture
(c) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
(d) Throwing off colonial rule
2. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(b) Personal interests
(c) Economic interest
(d) Fear of the colonialists
3. Fanon treated a man for beating his wife and children who worked full-time as what?
(a) A torturer
(b) A lawyer
(c) A doctor
(d) A soldier
4. Which of the following is an explanation of native crime by colonial psychologists?
(a) Self-hatred due to colonialism
(b) High moral conscience
(c) Under-developed frontal lobes
(d) Lack of colonial culture
5. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many types of torture does Fanon identify?
2. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
3. The victims of colonialism have lost what, according to Fanon?
4. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
5. What myth do the colonialists hold?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)