|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(b) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
(c) For the good of all the people
(d) To strengthen the national consciousness
2. Fanon suggests that any concessions offered are a result of what?
(a) The native struggle
(b) The benevolence of the colonists
(d) A desire to give the natives power
3. Victims of non-intellectual brainwashing learned to repeat what?
(a) Algeria will be nothing without France
(b) Long live the Queen
(c) France is the best ruler one could hope for
(d) I pledge my allegiance to France
4. The young Algerian man that Fanon writes about became obsessed with the idea that his parents considered him to be what?
(a) A traitor
(b) A European
(c) A criminal
5. The political education of the masses must raise awareness of what?
(a) The colonial power
(b) That the future is their own
(c) The corruption in the nation
(d) The equality in the nation
Short Answer Questions
1. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
2. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
3. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
4. Fanon advises the post-colonial societies to abandon the route of what?
5. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)