|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The settlers see the natives as what?
(a) Sad creatures
(d) Capable of reform
2. Fanon argues that nations should nationalize what sector of the economy?
(a) The intermediary sector
(b) The manufacturing sector
(c) The lower sector
(d) The advertising sector
3. Where is the most spontaneous and explosive force for the revolution found?
(a) The colonial nation
(b) The government buildings
(c) The colonialists' mansions
(d) The ghetto fringes of the cities
4. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
(a) Their economic status
(b) Their relation with whites
(c) Their slave status
(d) Their culture
5. The colonial middle class lacks what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
2. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. Who was the colonial power in Angola?
5. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)