|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(b) The colonial nation
(c) Neighboring countries
(d) The countryside
2. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
3. Which colonial power controlled Congo?
4. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
5. Fanon describes be-bop music as a music of what?
(c) Ballroom dancing
Short Answer Questions
1. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
2. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
3. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
4. Fanon suggests that American blacks had little in common with blacks from places like the Congo except for what?
5. Fanon argues that colonialists are skilled at exploiting the rift between which two groups?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)