|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
(a) The effects of colonization
(b) Their own inferiority
(c) The colonialist powers
(d) The futility of the situation
2. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(d) Social movements
3. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
4. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) Perpetuating the nation
(b) The empowerment of its citizens
(c) Its own profit
(d) Reducing crime
5. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(b) Local chiefs
(c) Rural peasants
Short Answer Questions
1. Political parties may be inexperienced at organizing what?
2. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
3. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
4. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
5. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)