|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
(a) Loyalty to the colonialists
(b) Regional and tribal interests
(d) Demands from other countries
2. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) France and Algeria
(b) The United States and Russia
(c) The United States and Korea
(d) Iran and Iraq
3. The colonial middle class lacks what?
4. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
(a) Christian missionaries
(b) Russian forces
(c) Kenyan elders
(d) United States foreign aid workers
Short Answer Questions
1. What sustains the rebel cause?
2. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
3. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
4. Why do the criminal acts by natives against natives rise?
5. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)