|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(c) Social movements
2. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
(a) Utopian societies
(b) Greater power
(c) Western influence
(d) Liberation from colonialism
3. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their hope
(b) Their individuality
(c) Their repression
(d) Their country
4. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
5. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
(a) Disgust and determination
(b) Anger and apathy
(c) Resentment and revenge
(d) Malice and mainstreaming
Short Answer Questions
1. What remains after colonialism ends?
2. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
3. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
4. Wise rebel leaders recognize the importance of what?
5. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)