|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the rebel leaders flee when they are harassed and threatened?
(b) The colonial nation
(c) The countryside
(d) Neighboring countries
2. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
(a) The elderly
(b) Young people
(c) Loyal colonialists
3. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(a) To be a colonial power
4. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
5. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
(a) Socioeconomic statuses
(b) Political goals
(c) Types of exploitation
Short Answer Questions
1. The search for an authentic Arab identify found its political articulation in what?
2. In indulging in the "fraternal bloodbath," the native distracts itself from confronting what?
3. In what country did Belgian colonialist military forces remove rural youths from the cities in 1957?
4. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
5. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)