|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Gives more concessions to the natives
(b) Ignores the natives
(c) Leaves the country before violence can occur
(d) Reacts with a reign of terror
2. What does the middle class seek at any cost to avoid?
3. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
4. What was the rebellion in Kenya called?
(a) Mau-Mau rebellion
(b) Massa rebellion
(c) Tasmania rebellion
(d) Skyre rebellion
5. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(a) Native rulers
(b) The UN
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
2. White settlers view the increase in violence as proof of what?
3. As the movement progresses, national consciousness begins to fall prey to what?
4. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
5. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)