|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) Giving up all violence
(b) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(c) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
(d) The oppression of the natives
2. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
(a) Militaristic action
(b) Retreat until they can regroup
(c) Concede more governmental representation
(d) Give up and go home
3. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(b) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(c) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(d) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
4. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
(a) The colonizing nation relies on the government of the native peoples.
(b) They consume goods imported from the colonizing country.
(c) The colonizing country has the natives best interest at heart.
(d) The colonizing country knows that they will be defeated in battle.
5. The rebel movement may rely on what in the urban areas?
(a) Upper class
(c) Government officials
(d) Labor unions
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a former French colony?
2. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
3. Fanon suggests that blacks across the globe are seeking what?
4. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
5. What does Fanon call the rural people?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)