|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
(b) Creating a native culture
(c) Throwing off colonial rule
(d) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
2. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(a) Peaceful negotiation
(b) Selling out
3. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(c) Home ownership
4. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Elite bourgeoisie
(b) Rural people
(c) Young natives
(d) Less educated natives
5. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The colonial power's poor
(b) The revolutionary leaders
(c) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(d) The rural peasants
Short Answer Questions
1. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
2. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
3. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
4. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
5. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)