|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
(a) The voluntary exit of the colonial group from the rural areas
(b) The growth of naitve-on-native violence
(c) The acceptance of the colonial power by the natives
(d) The coordinated push of the people to reach their goals
2. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
(a) The colonial power
(b) The intellectual elites
(c) The bourgeoisie
(d) The country
3. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
4. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(a) Local chiefs
(c) Rural peasants
5. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
2. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
3. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
4. The native finds that who tries to resist and block reform?
5. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)