|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the colonial society, who holds the power?
(b) Young people
(d) The poor
2. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
3. Which of the following is a former French colony?
(c) South Africa
4. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Leave the colonial power in control
(b) Supress the masses
(c) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
(d) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
5. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(d) To be a colonial power
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fanon call the rural people?
2. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
3. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
4. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
5. What will the initial period of euphoria be replaced with?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)