|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. National revolutionary political parties usually show what toward rural peasants?
2. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(b) Permission from the colonialists
(c) Burying the past
(d) Research into the pre-existing native culture
3. The first phase for the native writers and artists is what?
(a) Throwing off colonial rule
(b) Creating a native culture
(c) Showing that the colonial culture has been absorbed
(d) Creating artistic pieces for colonial rulers
4. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) The United States and Korea
(b) Iran and Iraq
(c) France and Algeria
(d) The United States and Russia
5. What remains after colonialism ends?
(a) The disparities of wealth
(b) Loyalty to the colonial power
(c) Revolutionary violence
(d) National unity and equality
Short Answer Questions
1. The farm workers come to know the value of what?
2. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
3. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
4. The authentic artist hopes to create something of value for whom?
5. Which group poses a particular challenge for the post-colonial society?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)