|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
(a) Economic interest
(b) Fear of the colonialists
(c) Personal interests
2. Who reinforced the colonialists in the rural areas?
(a) Rural peasants
(b) Local chiefs
3. There can be no hope for the spread of African culture devoid of the struggle for what?
(a) Western influence
(b) Greater power
(c) Utopian societies
(d) Liberation from colonialism
4. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(c) Social movements
5. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
Short Answer Questions
1. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
2. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
3. The government in Algeria expects people to work hard so who will profit?
4. Colonialism has infused the native culture with what?
5. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)