|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
(b) For the good of all the people
(c) To strengthen the national consciousness
(d) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
2. Fanon argues that the successful movement has to move from slogans to what?
3. As the rebellion energizes the natives, they have to find new forms of what type of expression?
4. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(c) Social movements
5. What sustains the rebel cause?
(a) Fear and apathy
(b) Power and greed
(c) Love and peace
(d) Determination and courage
Short Answer Questions
1. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
2. Fanon argues that the involvement of the people will do what to the movement?
3. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
4. In trying for pacification, the colonialist bourgeoisie is aided by what?
5. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)