|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) Cultural writings
(b) National consciousness
(c) Religious rituals
(d) Ancient trade routes
2. Rebel political movements make a mistake by turning first to whom, according to Fanon?
(a) Less educated natives
(b) Elite bourgeoisie
(c) Young natives
(d) Rural people
3. The mass killings of natives by settlers happen because of what?
4. Fanon suggests that the act of colonization is accompanied by what?
(a) Knives and guns
(b) Acceptance and commitment
(c) Apathy and uncaring
(d) Fanfare and celebration
5. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
(a) A dictatorship
(c) A democracy
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the colonists react to the rebel actions?
2. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
3. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
4. What does Fanon call the rural people?
5. The new middle class that occurs is what, according to Fanon?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)