|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How should the post-colonial nation avoid the open hostility between the masses and those in power?
(a) Leave the colonial power in control
(b) Bypass the rise of the bourgeoisie
(c) Supress the masses
(d) Give the power to the bourgeoisie
2. In the third phase of the rediscovery of native culture, the native artists attempts to do what?
(a) Emmigrate from the country
(b) Rouse others to fight the enemy
(c) Use the colonial culture
(d) Have others abandon the native culture
3. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
(a) Research into the pre-existing native culture
(b) Permission from the colonialists
(c) Abandoning the old way of doing things
(d) Burying the past
4. What spreads within the stagnant regime?
5. The authentic artists who wants to create something for his countrymen learns the importance of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the colonizing nation have no interest in violence with native peoples?
2. The re-discovery of the indigenous culture helps reclaim what?
3. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
4. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
5. The post-colonial middle class begins to act as what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)