|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(b) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
(c) To strengthen the national consciousness
(d) For the good of all the people
2. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
(b) Home ownership
3. The post-colonial middle class has no understanding of what?
(c) Social movements
4. The post-colonial middle class expects to serve as the intermediary between which two groups?
(a) Natives and the new colonial power
(b) The UN and the native population
(c) International corporations and the colonial power
(d) International corporations and the native population
5. The colonial middle class lacks what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
2. Fanon argues that the national unity may disintegrate into what type of conflicts?
3. When farmland in Algeria was turned over to farm workers, how much did the output increase?
4. What type of music was a reaction to colonialism after WWII?
5. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)