|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, On National Culture.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What myth do the colonialists hold?
(a) That all was darkness before the Europeans arrived
(b) That the natives have more civilization than the colonialists
(c) That the Europeans didn't add to the native culture
(d) That the natives have added to European culture
2. What may rural peasants guard?
(a) The roads to the cities
(b) The secret to their successes
(c) Tribal and folk customs
(d) Their stores of wealth
3. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Take money from the Europeans
(b) Rule over the land
(c) Assimilate to their culture
(d) Starve to death
4. Modern Arabs cannot revive what?
(a) National consciousness
(b) Cultural writings
(c) Ancient trade routes
(d) Religious rituals
5. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
(a) Promote unity between the native peoples
(b) Use nuclear weapons
(c) Let another colonial power take over
(d) Placate the rebels
Short Answer Questions
1. The psychiatrist says that the native-on-native violence is a form of what?
2. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
3. What is the only path to unity according to Fanon?
4. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
5. Who helped the British colonial forces drive back young Kenyans?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)