|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Spontaneity: Its Strength and Weakness.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
2. The birth of a new order can only come from what according to Fanon?
(a) The disintegration of the colonialist structure
(b) Giving up all violence
(c) The oppression of the natives
(d) A new ruler in the colonialist structure
3. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
4. Fanon argues that the colonial powers may change tactics by lightening their military presence and do what?
(a) Placate the rebels
(b) Let another colonial power take over
(c) Promote unity between the native peoples
(d) Use nuclear weapons
5. What did American black militants refer to the process of the colonialist bourgeoisie calling for non-violence and for the native to come to a reconciliation?
(b) Peaceful negotiation
(d) Selling out
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
2. Natives know that only what can free them?
3. A 1947 rebellion by rural peasants occurred where?
4. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
5. What is behind the violence for the natives, according to Fanon?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)