|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The natives are forced to do what by the Europeans?
(a) Take money from the Europeans
(b) Assimilate to their culture
(c) Starve to death
(d) Rule over the land
2. The native artist or writer discovers that their true vocation is to do what?
(a) Work in the government
(b) Depict the contemporary real world
(c) Support colonialism
(d) Create pieces for the colonialist
3. What myth do the colonialists hold?
(a) That the natives have added to European culture
(b) That all was darkness before the Europeans arrived
(c) That the natives have more civilization than the colonialists
(d) That the Europeans didn't add to the native culture
4. What did the two boys ask Fanon?
(a) Why the Europeans were torturing each other
(b) Why no Europeans were ever in Algerian jails
(c) Why Algerians were going to France
(d) If they could leave prison
5. How many marked phases of development are there for native poets and writers, according to Fanon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Colonialists will try to drive wedges between different groups of natives based on differences in tribal affiliation, ethnic differences and what?
2. Indigenous people become what in their own lands under colonialism?
3. The settlers believe the natives are incapable of what?
4. Some natives will have what because they have been allowed into the elite of colonialist society?
5. Fanon argues that the suppressed anger of the natives will turn to what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)