|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
(a) The colonial society
(b) The intellectual elites
(c) His own people
(d) The bourgeoisie
2. Natives know that only what can free them?
3. Aboulia is what?
(a) The loss of fear
(b) The loss of movement
(c) The loss of willpower
(d) The loss of happiness
4. How do the colonialists respond to the first demands for equality and dignity?
(a) Concern about preventing massacres
(c) Feigned deep concern
(d) Relief that the natives want self-rule
5. The awareness of an earlier native culture helps justify the struggle for what?
(a) To be a colonial power
Short Answer Questions
1. Two Algerian boys came to the hospital for evaluation after doing what?
2. Every project undertaken by the government must respond to what?
3. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
4. In the post-colonial world, citizens should be less concerned with royalty and more concerned with what, according to Fanon?
5. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)