|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
(a) Quietly serve
(b) Swear allegiance to the settlers
(c) Get rid of the settler's values
(d) Follow the rule of the colonizers
2. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their individuality
(b) Their repression
(c) Their hope
(d) Their country
3. Which major nations recognized the importance of peace during the Cold War?
(a) France and Algeria
(b) Iran and Iraq
(c) The United States and Russia
(d) The United States and Korea
4. Fanon argues that the post-colonial middle class identifies too closely with what group?
(a) The rural peasants
(b) The corrupt bourgeoisie of the west
(c) The revolutionary leaders
(d) The colonial power's poor
5. The Arab world threw off which culture in the 1960s?
(a) Russian culture
(b) Southern culture
(c) Eastern culture
(d) Western culture
Short Answer Questions
1. The true native art begins to grow when the artist address whom?
2. Fanon states that what cannot sustain the revolution?
3. The resuscitation of the native culture helps to rekindle what?
4. Colonialism results in what, according to Fanon?
5. What can carry the movement in the first few days, but not later on?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)