|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Fanon work in Algeria?
2. Fanon argues that decolonization is always what type of struggle?
3. Once the colonial power realizes that any reforms will not satisfy the natives, what does it do?
(a) Leaves the country before violence can occur
(b) Ignores the natives
(c) Gives more concessions to the natives
(d) Reacts with a reign of terror
4. What advantage does the colonial power have over the rebel?
(a) Fewer resources
(b) More poverty
(c) Less equipment
(d) More wealth
5. Colonialism's practice of putting all black people into a single category attempts to extinguish what?
(a) Their hope
(b) Their country
(c) Their individuality
(d) Their repression
Short Answer Questions
1. The second phase in the rediscovery of native culture is marked by what?
2. Rebel leaders are called upon to articulate a clear what?
3. What word does not describe the rediscovered native culture?
4. What the former colonized groups have in common is overshadowed by different what?
5. What does Fanon attribute the wealth and progress of Europe to?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)