|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the advantage in the hands of the colonialists when violence does occur?
(a) They know the land better
(b) They have the ideal of freedom on their side
(c) Their military might
(d) They are smarter
2. Which of the following is an explanation of native crime by colonial psychologists?
(a) Lack of colonial culture
(b) Under-developed frontal lobes
(c) High moral conscience
(d) Self-hatred due to colonialism
3. The native settler may believe that who will punish the transgressor of social norms?
(b) Native rulers
(c) The UN
4. In the building of the new democracy, no one will be able to escape what?
5. Patients who had been tortured with electricity reported what?
(a) A pain in their left foot
(b) Phantom limb syndrome
(c) Phobia of rats
(d) A tingling sensation
Short Answer Questions
1. The settlers see the natives as what?
2. An artistic renaissance often must be preceded by what?
3. The battle between the colonizers and the colonized grows out of what?
4. Fanon suggests that rural peasants may resent whom?
5. What must the native do to reclaim his humanity?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)