|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Colonial War and Mental Disorders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two Algerian boys came to the hospital for evaluation after doing what?
(a) Believing that they were ghosts
(b) Setting fire to a car
(c) Killing a playmate
(d) Torturing their brother
2. Fanon suggests that the post-colonial government needs to be most concerned with what?
(a) The empowerment of its citizens
(b) Reducing crime
(c) Perpetuating the nation
(d) Its own profit
3. What will the native people abandon once the fight for freedom begins?
(b) Their government
4. As the native population approaches the stage of decolonization, Fanon argues that they go through a phase of what when they think of the task of throwing off the colonial power?
5. Why does the bourgeoisie demand the nationalization of the economy?
(a) To help the poor, rural peasants out of feudalism
(b) To strengthen the national consciousness
(c) For the good of all the people
(d) To benefit from the corruption of the past regime
Short Answer Questions
1. The twenty-one-year-old French woman was repulsed by what at her father's funeral?
2. Which of the following is a former French colony?
3. Why do local chiefs and tribal potentates side with the colonialists?
4. The leader seeks to consolidate his power in what?
5. Fanon argues that what resembles possession by otherworldly spirits?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)