|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Judaism affect human coexistence?
(a) Judaism set the pattern for preemptive wars.
(b) Judaism laid the foundations of communism.
(c) Judaism justified the use of slave labor.
(d) Judaism established the need for moral restraints in the danger zones of human existence.
2. What area of the world did Christianity quickly take over?
(a) The Americas
(b) The Mediterranean
(c) Most of Asia
(d) The Middle East
3. How does the Roman Catholic church view itself?
(a) As the doorway to religious diversity in the world
(b) As the tribunal to judge all future revelations coming from God
(c) As an important branch of Christianity as a whole
(d) As an agency that gives permission or ability to perform or receive the sacraments
4. What Jewish writing became a basis for all laws concerning moral restraint?
(a) The letters of the minor prophets
(b) The Ten Commandments
(c) The History of the Prophets
(d) The Torah
5. What was different between God and the gods of the people all around the Jews?
(a) God has angels where the other gods do not
(b) God had prophets where the other gods spoke for themselves
(c) God is righteous where the other gods were not
(d) God showed His face where the others did not
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three areas of mysticism in Sufism?
2. What is the term used by the Australian aborigines for the mystical realm of spirit?
3. What was a major contribution of Muslim scholars?
4. With what were the minor, or writing prophets, concerned?
5. What are the two interpretations of messianic hope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the origins of Islam.
2. What did the Jewish people do while in captivity that defines their need to discover meanings behind events?
3. Briefly describe Jesus as the originator of the Christian religion.
4. Identify the four major sects of the Jews during the life of Jesus.
5. How did the Jews form a different idea about the importance of history?
6. How did the Jews profess to find meaning for life?
7. What debt does Western civilization owe to Muslims?
8. How is Taoism often viewed by Westerners?
9. How did the Roman Catholic church view itself from the time it became the official religion of Rome?
10. Discuss briefly the economics of Islam.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)