|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Confucianism, Rival Answers, | Chapter IV, Confucianism, Confucius' Answer, | Chapter IV, The Content of Deliberate Tradition,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What form of Buddhism flourishes in Japan?
(a) Hinayana Buddhism
(b) Mahayana Buddhism
(c) Theravada Buddhism
(d) Zen Buddhism
2. How does Sri Ramakrishna illustrate the experience all the great world religions?
(a) Whether you climb a ladder, a rope, or a bamboo pole, you still reach the same goal.
(b) He advocates trying out all religions for the best fit.
(c) He says each experience will reach a different goal.
(d) He suggests that such questions are frivolous.
3. According to Hinduism who has the spiritual ideas of infinite being, infinite awareness, and infinite bliss?
(a) All humans already posses these things but until a certain point they remain hidden.
(b) Only the oldest gurus understand these things.
(c) Only philosophers can possess that information.
(d) Only one individual per lifetime has this knowledge.
4. To what other notable teacher has Confucius been compared?
(d) Horace Mann
5. What is the central characteristic of the Sikh?
(a) The Sikh seeks unity with God through love.
(b) The Sikh seeks unity with God through money.
(c) The Sikh seeks unity with God through hard work.
(d) The Sikh seeks unity with God through self denial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be the appeal bhakti yoga?
2. What was the conflict of Confucius' teaching and the mood of the times?
3. What is the Zen koan?
4. How does the yogi eliminate distractions of the mind during raja yoga?
5. What do the guidelines for right conduct in Buddhism resemble?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)