|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV, Confucianism, Rival Answers, | Chapter IV, Confucianism, Confucius' Answer, | Chapter IV, The Content of Deliberate Tradition,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Siddhartha Gautama of the Sakya?
(a) The author of the Hindu Vidas.
(b) The founder of Sikhism.
(c) The awakened one, the Buddha.
(d) The first Hindu.
2. What was the conflict of Confucius' teaching and the mood of the times?
(a) Confucius taught family tradition in a time when individualism was on the rise.
(b) Confucius taught frugality at a time of extravagance.
(c) Confucius taught pacifism at a time when wars were increasing.
(d) Confucius taught democracy at a time when feudalism was flourishing.
3. What was transformed into the diamond scepter of Buddhism?
(a) Mandalas which offer visual icons
(b) The temporal and spiritual authority of the Dalai Lama
(c) The thunderbolt of Indra
(d) Converting sounds into holy formulas
4. Eventually, how do Hindu minds conceive of God?
(a) The Gods transcend the anthropomorphic and become animals.
(b) The Gods transcend the anthropomorphic and become statues.
(c) The Gods transcend the anthropomorphic and become total abstractions.
(d) The Gods transcend the anthropomorphic and become constellations.
5. What is the idea of the spirit in Hinduism?
(a) It dies with the body that houses it.
(b) The spirit is eternal and changes its habitation when it outgrows an old one.
(c) It does not exist apart from the mind.
(d) It is the exclusive property of the body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of seeking wealth, fame, and power?
2. What is the Zen koan?
3. How does Hinduism teach that pain can be endured?
4. What is the irony of Buddhism and India?
5. When does karma come into effect?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)