|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter III, Buddhism, The Secret of the Flower, | Chapter III, Buddhism, The Diamond Thunderbolt, | Chapter III, Buddhism, The Image of Crossing,.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the yogi eliminate distractions of the mind during raja yoga?
(a) The yogi puts cotton in his ears.
(b) The yogi concentrates on reading.
(c) The yogi lies flat of his back.
(d) The yogi concentrates on one thing to the exclusion of all others.
2. What is the Zen koan?
(a) Problems like the classic "What is the sound of one hand clapping?"
(b) The elaborate tea ceremony with its slow and graceful movements
(c) Sitting in meditation for long hours
(d) Private consultation with a master
3. What do (1) the brahmin, or seer; (2) the kshatriya, or administrator; (3) the vaishya, or producer; and (4) the shudra, or servant represent?
(a) The highest forms of yoga
(b) The stations of life
(c) The divisions of monks
(d) The levels of education
4. Why is the question of "is this all" relevant to Hinduism?
(a) Because Hinduism has no beginning or ending
(b) Because it affirms that there is far more to life than satisfying pleasures.
(c) Because Hinduism constantly demands more
(d) Because Hinduism fails to give the answers to life's questions.
5. What is dharma?
(a) The Buddhist equivalent of karma
(b) The means of crossing the river of ignorance
(c) An obstacle to reaching nirvana
(d) A group of monks
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of Buddhism flourishes in Japan?
2. Eventually, how do Hindu minds conceive of God?
3. What does the Hindu say would happen if the divine base of everything is removed?
4. How might the rise of Buddhism be compared to the Protestant Reformation?
5. Who profits most from raja yoga?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)