|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Voltaire when he died?
2. Who was the leader of the Bolshevist party and first dictator of Russia?
3. In the speech "Nationalism in India", how did the speaker feel that the countrymen will truly gain their India?
4. In the speech "On His Condemnation to Death", who did the speaker tell the judges to punish?
5. Why were unions first formed?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the speech "Before the Battle of Leuthen", describe the disasters that concerned the French and Reich army.
2. Describe the objectives of the Committee for Industrial Organization.
3. In the chapter "Great Britain and Ireland", what was the Times newspaper persuading people about?
4. Describe the proper business of a labor union.
5. Describe Macaulay's view of monarchical and aristocratic institutions.
6. Socrates was sentenced to death for being a heretic and corrupting the youth. What did Socrates question after be condemned to death?
7. Discuss one advantage of modern inventions.
8. Describe what constituted unity in Government according to Washington.
9. Discuss the relationship between the United States and the British government after the Revolution.
10. According to Bonaparte's speech "On Beginning the Russian Campaign", describe the second war in Poland.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several speeches in the text focused on religion and philosophy. For each speaker, summarize the idea of their speech found in the text.
1) Martin Luther
2) John Calvin
3) Jonathan Edwards
Essay Topic 2
John F. Kennedy established the Peace Corps during his administration. Kennedy also called the people of America and the world to action in solving the world's challenges.
Part 1) What was Kennedy's view on abolishing poverty in the world?
Part 2) What did Kennedy feel was the responsibility of every citizen in the world?
Essay Topic 3
Adolf Hitler and Woodrow Wilson had differing opinions on the League of Nations. Compare and contrast Hitler's "Germany's Claims" and Wilson's "Fourteen Points" speeches.
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)