|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mohandas Ghandi, how many inhabitants of India professed the faith of Islam?
2. According to John Bright, what law was very unsettled or bad?
3. Who wrote that the House of Commons needed to only pay attention to "British interests"?
4. In the speech "To His Troops", Lucius Sergius Catiline stated two armies opposed their progress. Rome was one, what was the other army?
5. According to William Green's "Modern Trade Unionism", what should not be the heritage of any limited group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Voltaire's smile mean according to Hugo?
2. What did Saint Francis say concerning Noah's Ark in the speech "Sermon to the Birds"?
3. Describe Edmund Burke's objection of uncertainty of force.
4. According to Mazzini, describe the role of religion and politics in true society.
5. Discuss the relationship between the United States and the British government after the Revolution.
6. What were Elihu Root's arguments for the League of Nations?
7. Describe the violation of alliance by Tilsit Russia.
8. Describe what constituted unity in Government according to Washington.
9. What influenced the "new world" according to Charles Hughes?
10. Explain Mohandas Ghandi's belief that non-cooperation was unconstitutional.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pericles and Lincoln both gave speeches remembering the dead. Compare and contrast Pericles "Funeral Oration and Lincoln's "Gettysburg Address"
Essay Topic 2
Edouard Daladier was the Premier of France in 1940. Daladier delivered a speech that suggested that the Nazis' true goal was slavery.
Part 1) Discuss the domination of the Nazis.
Part 2) How did the Nazi propaganda affect the human heart?
Part 3) What did the Nazi leaders do according to Daladier?
Essay Topic 3
William Jennings Bryan unsuccessfully ran for President three times. In his speech "The Cross of Gold", Bryan favored free coinage of silver at a ratio of 16 to 1.
Part 1) Explain the proposal of the gentleman from N.Y. that Bryan mentions.
Part 2) Explain the amendment that Bryan wanted to propose.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)