|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Owen D. Young, what did not "exist in a form of powder, a mere mass of incoherent particles"?
2. According to the speech "An Independent Policy", what was always replaced by propaganda in time of war?
3. Who was thought to be a great lawyer and believed that every man owes a duty to his profession?
(a) Rev. Dr. Bellows.
(b) Andrew D. White.
(c) Lord Bacon.
(d) George Graham Vest.
4. In the speech, "The Search for International Cooperation", what country did Pierre Mandes-France suggest France had a concern?
5. According to Fulton Sheen, who said "We are becoming a warlike nation--that is to say, one endowed to a higher degree with virtues of obedience, sacrifice, and dedication to country"?
(a) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(b) Benito Mussolini.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the speech, "United States Far Eastern Policy", what did the speaker suggest that Democrats and Republicans avoid?
2. What country did President Johnson pledge to stop bombarding?
3. Who developed an architectural style that constituted one of the chief movements in 20th century design?
4. Who believed that the Canadian people entered WWII on their own free will?
5. What continent was the topic of Henry Morton Stanley's speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe General Goethals.
2. Describe the impatience of the American people in the chapter "International Affairs and the United States".
3. How was are international trade relations under Franklin Roosevelt?
4. What was the relationship of prosperity and peace according to Hull?
5. Describe one's private library according to Phelps.
6. Discuss the difference between merchants and ministers.
7. What three elements represented the five members that completed the most important part of a war cabinet?
8. What did democracy mean to James Bryant Conant?
9. What is the tradition of Irish learning?
10. What were the main forces of the Red Army?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)