|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the most gifted poets in Britain known for his voice, poetry readings and his speeches?
(a) Walter Philip Reuther.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) J. Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) Dylan Thomas.
2. What did John D. Rockefeller, Jr. believe the greatest thing in the world was?
3. Where did the heads of the "Big Four" meet to discuss world problems "at the summit"?
(a) Geneva, Switzerland.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Paris, France.
(d) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
4. What battleship did the Japanese formally surrender to the United States on?
5. What did Winston Churchill say is here now, clear and shining, for both our countries in his "An Iron Curtain has Descended" speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Anthony Eden's speech "A Firm Policy", what should the objective of foreign policy be?
2. Who was a lawyer and railroad executive that was known for his after-dinner speeches?
3. According to the speech "Powers of the President", what was the President responsible for?
4. Who believed that the Canadian people entered WWII on their own free will?
5. The arms race was between the United States and what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the new Reich according to Hitler.
2. Describe the phrase used by John F. Kennedy to call the people of the U.S. and the world to action.
3. Describe the true political test according to Stevenson.
4. What was the principal mission of the United Nations?
5. How did Truman suggest strengthening freedom-loving nations against the dangers of aggression?
6. Describe General Goethals.
7. How was are international trade relations under Franklin Roosevelt?
8. Describe Henry Watterson's protege.
9. According to Nixon, what did the oath of the President mean?
10. What is the tradition of Irish learning?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)