|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a businessman by training, a conservative politician that gave a speech defending the Munich Agreement?
(a) Clement R. Attlee.
(b) Anthony Eden.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) Neville Chamberlain.
2. Who was a Democratic candidate for President in two consecutive elections, 1952 and 1956?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Adlai Stevenson.
(c) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(d) Harry Truman.
3. Who was one of the most gifted poets in Britain known for his voice, poetry readings and his speeches?
(a) Dylan Thomas.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) J. Robert Oppenheimer.
(d) Walter Philip Reuther.
4. What was torn from nature a secret so vast in its potentialities that our minds cower from the terror it creates?
5. Who was the first person to fly alone across the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) James Conant.
(b) Cordell Hull.
(c) Charles Lindbergh.
(d) Henry Stimson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was founded on the principles not to oppress the undefended, nor fear the aggressive?
2. Which former President was compared to Franklin Roosevelt, who was a courageous, virile champion of just and righteous peace, and a foe of those who put peace before righteousness?
3. According to Anthony Eden's speech "A Firm Policy", what should the objective of foreign policy be?
4. According to Eisenhower, the United States wanted to befriend which group of people?
5. Who was an English novelist that spoke about "English Friendship for America"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Nixon, what did the oath of the President mean?
2. How did Truman suggest strengthening freedom-loving nations against the dangers of aggression?
3. How was are international trade relations under Franklin Roosevelt?
4. Discuss the difference between merchants and ministers.
5. What was Einstein's feelings on peace?
6. What did democracy mean to James Bryant Conant?
7. Describe the impatience of the American people in the chapter "International Affairs and the United States".
8. Describe Henry Watterson's protege.
9. Describe one's private library according to Phelps.
10. What were the main forces of the Red Army?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)