|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who abolished democratic institutions in France and became a totalitarian chief?
(a) Maxim Litvinov.
(b) Charles DeGaulle.
(c) Eamon de Valera.
(d) Henri Philippe Petain.
2. Who won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1949 and was one of the great American novelists in the 20th century?
(a) Walter Philip Reuther.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) Dylan Thomas.
(d) Albert Einstein.
3. What country was France having issues with in 1962?
4. According to the speech, "American and the War", what is not America's noblest destiny?
(d) Free country.
5. Who developed an architectural style that constituted one of the chief movements in 20th century design?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(c) Dylan Thomas.
(d) Oswaldo Aranha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was an English novelist that spoke about "English Friendship for America"?
2. What lake did Chief Justice Earl Warren's home overlook?
3. Who was very prominent in the Bolshevist revolution and reported on a Nazi air attack?
4. Who was imprisoned during World War 2 for a firm stance taken against India's participation in the war without a guarantee of independence?
5. Who was the director of the laboratories in Los Alamos, NM, where the atomic bomb was perfected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tradition of Irish learning?
2. Describe the true political test according to Stevenson.
3. Describe General Goethals.
4. What were Baruch's feelings on the controlling of atomic weapons?
5. What did democracy mean to James Bryant Conant?
6. Describe the impatience of the American people in the chapter "International Affairs and the United States".
7. Describe Henry Watterson's protege.
8. Discuss the difference between merchants and ministers.
9. What were John F. Kennedy's feelings on peace?
10. How was are international trade relations under Franklin Roosevelt?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)