|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who abolished democratic institutions in France and became a totalitarian chief?
(a) Charles DeGaulle.
(b) Henri Philippe Petain.
(c) Eamon de Valera.
(d) Maxim Litvinov.
2. What country did President Johnson pledge to stop bombarding?
3. Who was a Democratic candidate for President in two consecutive elections, 1952 and 1956?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Adlai Stevenson.
(c) Harry Truman.
(d) Lyndon B. Johnson.
4. Who was a lawyer and railroad executive that was known for his after-dinner speeches?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) Chauncy Mitchell Depew.
(c) Joseph Hodges Choate.
(d) George Graham Vest.
5. Who was the director of the laboratories in Los Alamos, NM, where the atomic bomb was perfected?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Walter Philip Reuther.
(d) J. Robert Oppenheimer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was arrested on the basis of slanderous materials and eventually was killed?
2. Eisenhower stated that a common bind existed between a rice grower in Burma and a wheat planter of what U.S. state?
3. Who worked hard to give New York a progressive, vital and constructive administration?
4. What was founded on the exploitation of the weaknesses of the human heart?
5. Who was an English novelist that spoke about "English Friendship for America"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the difference between merchants and ministers.
2. How did Dorothy Thompson view isolation?
3. What were Baruch's feelings on the controlling of atomic weapons?
4. Discuss the artificial restrictions placed on the Soviet Government.
5. Describe the impatience of the American people in the chapter "International Affairs and the United States".
6. Describe Charles de Gaulle's reflections on the last four years in the "Independence for Algeria" speech.
7. Describe Henry Watterson's protege.
8. Describe the new Reich according to Hitler.
9. How was are international trade relations under Franklin Roosevelt?
10. What did democracy mean to James Bryant Conant?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)