|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a great statesmen and economist that won world fame as a powerful advocate of free trade?
(a) Thomas Babington Macaulay.
(b) George Canning.
(c) Richard Cobden.
(d) John Bright.
2. According to Cicero, who had upheld and continued to uphold freedom by zeal and wisdom?
(a) Marcus Fulvius.
(b) Caius Caesar.
(c) Lucius Opimius.
(d) Caius Marius.
3. According to Smuts, what was the greatest military empire that ever existed?
(a) Persian Empire.
(b) Roman Empire.
(c) Byzantine Empire.
(d) German Empire.
4. According to John L. Lewis' "The Rights of Labor", what opposed communism?
(c) Free Trade.
(d) Our way of life.
5. What event inspired the speech known as "Funeral Oration"?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Persian War.
(c) The Peloponnesian War.
(d) The Italian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who believed that we have many things to learn from the West?
2. According to Sir Robert Borden's speech "The Voice of the Empire", how many years had gone by without a threat of their empire?
3. Who expressed strong admiration for Voltaire?
4. What empire did Isocrates tell Greece to resist?
5. Who wrote that "the decision to dissolve Parliament was based on the best interests of the public"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what constituted unity in Government according to Washington.
2. Discuss one advantage of modern inventions.
3. What were the social principles outlined by Alexander Hamilton?
4. Describe Edmund Burke's objection of uncertainty of force.
5. In the speech "Before the Battle of Leuthen", describe the disasters that concerned the French and Reich army.
6. Mirabeau was facing the charge of treason. Describe the indictment against Mirabeau.
7. How did Pericles view wealth and poverty?
8. What were Elihu Root's arguments for the League of Nations?
9. Explain Mohandas Ghandi's belief that non-cooperation was unconstitutional.
10. Socrates was sentenced to death for being a heretic and corrupting the youth. What did Socrates question after be condemned to death?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)