|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sir Robert Borden's speech "The Voice of the Empire", how many years had gone by without a threat of their empire?
(a) 50 years.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) 150 years.
2. According to a speech by Jan C. Smuts, what was wanted by the world?
(a) The ability to conquer.
3. In the speech "Nationalism in India", how did the speaker feel that the countrymen will truly gain their India?
(a) By fighting against Muslims.
(b) By fighting against Christianity.
(c) By fighting against the government.
(d) By fighting against education.
4. Who was a Shawnee and said that white people have no right to take the land from the Indians?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Wild Bear.
(d) Red Jacket.
5. In the speech "Address at Angostura", what empire was America compared to after their separation from Spain?
(a) Persian Empire.
(b) Ottoman Empire.
(c) Roman Empire.
(d) Byzantine Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader of the Conservative party and was highly respected for his efforts toward Canadian prestige and unity?
2. Who was known as the "Liberator of South America" and was a great military leader and statesman?
3. Who wrote that "the decision to dissolve Parliament was based on the best interests of the public"?
4. Who was the Republican candidate for President in 1944 and said "we have a rendezvous with destiny"?
5. What empire did Isocrates tell Greece to resist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Saint Francis say concerning Noah's Ark in the speech "Sermon to the Birds"?
2. Describe the war against all nations.
3. Describe the proper business of a labor union.
4. Hugo admired Voltaire for many reasons. What did Voltaire's smile mean according to Hugo?
5. After WWI, why was a disarmament policy against Germany considered criminal?
6. Describe the objectives of the Committee for Industrial Organization.
7. In the chapter "Great Britain and Ireland", what was the Times newspaper persuading people about?
8. Explain Mohandas Ghandi's belief that non-cooperation was unconstitutional.
9. Discuss the relationship between the United States and the British government after the Revolution.
10. Describe Edmund Burke's objection of uncertainty of force.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)