|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the famous Pullman strike and identified with the Socialist movement?
(a) Eugene Victor Debs.
(b) William Edgar Borah.
(c) Elihu Root.
(d) Stephen Wise.
2. According to the speech "On the Dissolution of Parliament", who was seized so Colonel Overton might lead the army?
(a) Sir Edward Grey.
(b) General Monk.
(c) Oliver Cromwell.
(d) Sir Robert Walpole.
3. In the speech "Funeral Orations" the speaker addressed which group of people first?
(a) The forefathers.
(b) The sons.
(c) The victims.
(d) The barbarians.
4. Who was the first non-slaveholding citizen of a free State who won election in the Democratic party?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Adams.
5. According to the speech "Bill of Rights", what was only safe by a division of powers and local self-government?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that "a person should seek to be holy on earth in order to achieve rewards in heaven"?
2. Who promised that there would be honor and glory later in the Italian campaign?
3. Who delivered the speech "Before the Diet of Worms"?
4. According to Cardinal Mercer, who was the most authoritative teacher of Christian Theology?
5. According to Mohandas Ghandi, how many inhabitants of India professed the faith of Islam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the relationship between the United States and the British government after the Revolution.
2. Describe the proper business of a labor union.
3. What influenced the "new world" according to Charles Hughes?
4. What were the social principles outlined by Alexander Hamilton?
5. Discuss one advantage of modern inventions.
6. How did Pericles view wealth and poverty?
7. According to Bonaparte's speech "On Beginning the Russian Campaign", describe the second war in Poland.
8. Describe the objectives of the Committee for Industrial Organization.
9. Mirabeau was facing the charge of treason. Describe the indictment against Mirabeau.
10. After WWI, why was a disarmament policy against Germany considered criminal?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)