|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state's governor's lips were "dripping with words of interposition and nullification"?
(d) South Carolina.
2. According to the speech, "I Need Your Confidence", what was France's supreme resource?
3. What was torn from nature a secret so vast in its potentialities that our minds cower from the terror it creates?
4. Who was very prominent in the Bolshevist revolution and reported on a Nazi air attack?
(a) Joseph Stalin.
(b) Nikita Krushchev.
(c) Nickolai Bulganin.
(d) Vyacheslav M. Molotov.
5. Who said that the United States now has her second opportunity to make the world safe for democracy?
(a) Dorothy Thompson.
(b) Harry Truman.
(c) Norman Thomas.
(d) Henry Wallace.
6. Who said "I think Music has the most mighty, universal, and immediate effect"?
(a) Carl Schurz.
(b) Edward Everett Hale.
(c) Sir Arthur Sullivan.
(d) William Schwenck Gilbert.
7. Who abolished democratic institutions in France and became a totalitarian chief?
(a) Charles DeGaulle.
(b) Eamon de Valera.
(c) Henri Philippe Petain.
(d) Maxim Litvinov.
8. J.F.K. in his Inaugural address said man had the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of what?
(a) Human life.
(b) Animal life.
9. According to Haile Selassie, which country was the first to be threatened by Fascist Italy?
10. In Einstein's speech "Peace in the Atomic Age", what appeared to be on the public horizon as a probable and attainable goal?
(a) Nuclear power plants.
(b) Color television.
(c) World domination.
(d) The H-bomb.
11. The year 1955 celebrated how many years since the United Nations was chartered?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
12. In the speech Dunkirk by Winston Churchill, which country was the aggressor?
(d) The United States.
13. Where was the Inter-American Conference for the Maintenance of Peace held in 1936?
(a) Geneva, Switzerland.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(d) Brazilia, Brazil.
14. What lake did Chief Justice Earl Warren's home overlook?
(a) Lake Ontario.
(b) Lake Michigan.
(c) Lake Superior.
(d) Lake Erie.
15. What country was founded on the principles not to oppress the undefended, nor fear the aggressive?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the speech, " A Glory has Departed", who was "a glory" referring to?
2. Who was one of the most gifted poets in Britain known for his voice, poetry readings and his speeches?
3. According to the speech "An Independent Policy", what was always replaced by propaganda in time of war?
4. Which country did Italy receive modest material aid from during the war?
5. Who was an English novelist that spoke about "English Friendship for America"?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)