|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a great statesmen and economist that won world fame as a powerful advocate of free trade?
(a) Thomas Babington Macaulay.
(b) George Canning.
(c) John Bright.
(d) Richard Cobden.
2. In the speech "To His Troops", where did Catiline say people waited after losing their property?
3. What event inspired the speech known as "Funeral Oration"?
(a) The Italian War.
(b) The Peloponnesian War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The Persian War.
4. Who was known as the "Liberator of South America" and was a great military leader and statesman?
(a) Jan Smuts.
(c) Poncho Villa.
(d) Simon Bolivar.
5. According to the speech "On the Dissolution of Parliament", who was seized so Colonel Overton might lead the army?
(a) Sir Edward Grey.
(b) General Monk.
(c) Sir Robert Walpole.
(d) Oliver Cromwell.
6. According to the speech "Speaking for the Consumer", what percentage is the middle class worker and consumer?
7. Who responded to a death sentence for being a heretic in a speech called "On His Condemnation to Death"?
8. According to Isocrates, which war did he believe may be the most famous of Athenian history?
(a) The Italian War.
(b) World War I.
(c) Persian War.
(d) Athens War.
9. According to Daniel Webster, who erected the government of the U.S.?
(a) George Washington.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The British.
(d) The people.
10. According to a speech Edward Everett, which two men died in the same day?
(a) Washington and Jefferson.
(b) Adams and Hamilton.
(c) Adams and Jefferson.
(d) Adams and Washington.
11. Who was a former Governor of New York that attacked religious prejudice in American politics?
(a) Fiorello H. LaGuardia.
(b) Alfred E. Smith.
(c) Clarence Darrow.
(d) William Green.
12. Who was a radical advocate during the Reign of Terror that inspired the National Assembly and people to fight the enemies of the Revolution?
(d) Louis XVI.
13. Who was a powerful supporter of Cicero in defeating the conspiracy of Catiline against the Roman government?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Marc Antony.
(c) Marcus Brutus.
(d) Cato the Younger.
14. Who wrote about the need to "repress" women?
(d) Cato the Elder.
15. What empire did Isocrates tell Greece to resist?
(a) The Persian.
(b) The Roman .
(c) The Prussian.
(d) The Ottoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what United States city did Sir Wilfrid Laurier defend Great Britain's cause, and support for the Great War?
2. Who promised that there would be honor and glory later in the Italian campaign?
3. According to Cicero in "First Oration Against Catiline", who was put to death on mere suspicion?
4. Who was known as the "Liberator of Ireland"?
5. Who delivered the speech "Before the Diet of Worms"?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)