|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Survey of Speeches by Black Americans and Important Speeches of 1974-1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Sir Robert Borden's speech "The Voice of the Empire", how many years had gone by without a threat of their empire?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 150 years.
2. According to John L. Lewis' "The Rights of Labor", what opposed communism?
(b) Our way of life.
(c) Free Trade.
3. Who was thought to be a great lawyer and believed that every man owes a duty to his profession?
(a) Lord Bacon.
(b) Rev. Dr. Bellows.
(c) Andrew D. White.
(d) George Graham Vest.
4. In the speech, "The Search for International Cooperation", what country did Pierre Mandes-France suggest France had a concern?
5. Who wrote about Phillip's "violation of the peace"?
(d) Cato the Elder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Martin Luther King Jr. deliver the "I Have a Dream" speech?
2. Who was a Democratic candidate for President in two consecutive elections, 1952 and 1956?
3. Who was the director of the laboratories in Los Alamos, NM, where the atomic bomb was perfected?
4. According to the speech "Powers of the President", what was the President responsible for?
5. According to the speech "American Labor", what was the best market for American agriculture?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)