|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Survey of Speeches by Black Americans and Important Speeches of 1974-1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the speech, "American and the War", what is not America's noblest destiny?
(a) Free country.
2. According to Sir Robert Borden's speech "The Voice of the Empire", how many years had gone by without a threat of their empire?
(a) 100 years.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) 150 years.
3. According to a speech by Jan C. Smuts, what was wanted by the world?
(b) The ability to conquer.
4. What continent was the topic of Henry Morton Stanley's speech?
(a) North America.
5. Who was convicted of bribery?
(a) Oliver Cromwell.
(b) Sir Edward Grey.
(c) David Lloyd George.
(d) Sir Robert Walpole.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cardinal Mercer, who was the most authoritative teacher of Christian Theology?
2. In the speech Dunkirk by Winston Churchill, which country was the aggressor?
3. Who started the Hull House, a famous settlement for Social Service in Chicago?
4. Who worked hard to give New York a progressive, vital and constructive administration?
5. Who was a lifelong anti-apartheid activist that spent 27 years in prison for opposing a white minority government?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)