|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Survey of Speeches by Black Americans and Important Speeches of 1974-1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eisenhower stated that a common bind existed between a rice grower in Burma and a wheat planter of what U.S. state?
2. According to the speech, "United States Far Eastern Policy", what did the speaker suggest that Democrats and Republicans avoid?
(a) Constant bickering.
(b) Conflict with any eastern country.
(c) Disunity as a country.
(d) Atomic war.
3. Who was one of the most gifted poets in Britain known for his voice, poetry readings and his speeches?
(a) William Faulkner.
(b) Walter Philip Reuther.
(c) Dylan Thomas.
(d) J. Robert Oppenheimer.
4. What did Winston Churchill say is here now, clear and shining, for both our countries in his "An Iron Curtain has Descended" speech?
5. According to Owen D. Young, what did not "exist in a form of powder, a mere mass of incoherent particles"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the speech "To His Troops", Lucius Sergius Catiline stated two armies opposed their progress. Rome was one, what was the other army?
2. Who wrote that "the decision to dissolve Parliament was based on the best interests of the public"?
3. According to the speech "Atlanta Exposition Address", what percentage of the population in the South was of the Negro race?
4. What kind of trees did Henry Ward Beecher transplant?
5. What country did Daw Aung San Suu Kyi live?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)