|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Survey of Speeches by Black Americans and Important Speeches of 1974-1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the speech "On the Dissolution of Parliament", who was seized so Colonel Overton might lead the army?
(a) Sir Edward Grey.
(b) Sir Robert Walpole.
(c) General Monk.
(d) Oliver Cromwell.
2. According to Owen D. Young, what did not "exist in a form of powder, a mere mass of incoherent particles"?
3. In the speech "Nationalism in India", how did the speaker feel that the countrymen will truly gain their India?
(a) By fighting against Christianity.
(b) By fighting against education.
(c) By fighting against the government.
(d) By fighting against Muslims.
4. According to Douglas MacArthur, what was considered to be a "global threat"?
(a) Nuclear war.
(c) The Nazi Regime.
5. Who wrote that the House of Commons needed to only pay attention to "British interests"?
(a) Oliver Cromwell.
(b) David Lloyd George.
(c) Sir Edward Grey.
(d) Robert Emmet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What empire did Isocrates tell Greece to resist?
2. In the speech "Address at Angostura", what empire was America compared to after their separation from Spain?
3. Who was very prominent in the Bolshevist revolution and reported on a Nazi air attack?
4. According to Haile Selassie, which country was the first to be threatened by Fascist Italy?
5. Who wrote that "the decision to dissolve Parliament was based on the best interests of the public"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)