|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Informal Speeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was interested in politics, but placed social reforms before political independence?
(a) Mohandas Ghandi.
(b) Sun Yat-sen.
(c) Rabindranath Tagore.
(d) Jan C. Smuts.
2. Who won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1949 and was one of the great American novelists in the 20th century?
(a) Dylan Thomas.
(b) William Faulkner.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Walter Philip Reuther.
3. According to Douglas MacArthur, what was considered to be a "global threat"?
(b) Nuclear war.
(c) The Nazi Regime.
4. Who was a lawyer and railroad executive that was known for his after-dinner speeches?
(a) Andrew Carnegie.
(b) Chauncy Mitchell Depew.
(c) George Graham Vest.
(d) Joseph Hodges Choate.
5. Who was known as the "Liberator of South America" and was a great military leader and statesman?
(b) Simon Bolivar.
(c) Jan Smuts.
(d) Poncho Villa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lake did Chief Justice Earl Warren's home overlook?
2. Who was an outspoken imperialist and pursued the expansion of the British empire?
3. Who did Grover Cleveland refer to as a discoverer, dreamer, hero and apostle?
4. According to Eisenhower, the United States wanted to befriend which group of people?
5. Who delivered a speech over the dead body of Caesar in William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)