|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through United States Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered a speech over the dead body of Caesar in William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar?
(a) Decius Brutus.
(b) Marc Antony.
(c) Caius Cassius.
(d) Marcus Brutus.
2. What country was founded on the principles not to oppress the undefended, nor fear the aggressive?
3. Who gave the speech known as the "Funeral Oration?
(b) Julius Caesar.
4. In the speech "To His Troops", where did Catiline say people waited after losing their property?
5. According to Cicero, who had upheld and continued to uphold freedom by zeal and wisdom?
(a) Lucius Opimius.
(b) Caius Marius.
(c) Caius Caesar.
(d) Marcus Fulvius.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the speech "England's Position", what country gave Belgium an ultimatum?
2. According to John L. Lewis' "The Rights of Labor", what opposed communism?
3. Who abolished democratic institutions in France and became a totalitarian chief?
4. Who responded to a death sentence for being a heretic in a speech called "On His Condemnation to Death"?
5. What was torn from nature a secret so vast in its potentialities that our minds cower from the terror it creates?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)