|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through United States Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What significant event of the American Revolution did Maverick, Gray, Caldwell, Attucks and Carr die?
(a) The Boston Massacre.
(b) The midnight ride.
(c) The Boston Battle.
(d) The Boston Tea Party.
2. Who was thirty-six years old and one of the greatest dramatists and orators of his period in Parliament?
(a) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
(b) Oliver Cromwell.
(c) Warren Hastings.
(d) William Pitt.
3. In what year was "On the Crown" written?
(a) 344 B.C.
(b) 330 A.D.
(c) 330 B.C.
(d) 540 B.C.
4. Who responded to a death sentence for being a heretic in a speech called "On His Condemnation to Death"?
5. In the speech "To His Troops", Lucius Sergius Catiline stated two armies opposed their progress. Rome was one, what was the other army?
(a) The Greek army.
(d) The Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the speech "Rendezvous with Despair", what is the only answer to gloomy predictions regarding the growth of the country?
2. In the sermon, "On Suffering Persecution", ignominy and what were two opposites?
3. According to the speech "Before the Battle of Leuthen, 1757", whose army is twice as strong?
4. Who told the troops that men under his command are only his allies?
5. According the the sermon "On Suffering Persecution", who holds forth to us the immortal crown?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)