|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through United States Government.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the speech, "I Need Your Confidence", what was France's supreme resource?
2. In the speech "To His Troops", Lucius Sergius Catiline stated two armies opposed their progress. Rome was one, what was the other army?
(a) The Trojans.
(c) The Greek army.
3. Who was thirty-six years old and one of the greatest dramatists and orators of his period in Parliament?
(a) Oliver Cromwell.
(b) William Pitt.
(c) Warren Hastings.
(d) Richard Brinsley Sheridan.
4. Who was a great statesmen and economist that won world fame as a powerful advocate of free trade?
(a) George Canning.
(b) Thomas Babington Macaulay.
(c) Richard Cobden.
(d) John Bright.
5. Who started the Hull House, a famous settlement for Social Service in Chicago?
(a) Susan B. Anthony.
(b) Booker T. Washington.
(c) Jane Addams.
(d) Stephen Wise.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the speech "Powers of the President", what was the President responsible for?
2. According to the speech "American Labor", what was the best market for American agriculture?
3. Who delivered a speech over the dead body of Caesar in William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar?
4. Who told the troops that men under his command are only his allies?
5. Who believed that if everyone understood the facts, no one would question England's involvement in the war?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)