|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Domestic Affairs in the United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Isocrates, which war did he believe may be the most famous of Athenian history?
(a) World War I.
(b) Athens War.
(c) Persian War.
(d) The Italian War.
2. Who expressed strong admiration for Voltaire?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Martin Luther.
(c) Napolean Bonaparte.
(d) John Calvin.
3. According to the speech "On the Dissolution of Parliament", who was seized so Colonel Overton might lead the army?
(a) Sir Robert Walpole.
(b) Sir Edward Grey.
(c) General Monk.
(d) Oliver Cromwell.
4. Who delivered the speech "Our Government" one hundred and fifty years after the first Congress of the U.S. met?
(a) Charles Evans Hughes.
(b) Herbert Hoover.
(c) Anthony Eden.
(d) Thomas Dewey.
5. Who renounced all worldliness and led a life of self-denial and religious devotion, preaching the gospel to the rich and poor?
(a) John Calvin.
(b) St. Benard.
(c) St. Francis.
(d) Martin Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made a plea to Lord Mayor in 1882 to come to the aid of the Russian Jews?
2. Who was the thirty-first President of the U.S. that delivered a speech on the Bill of Rights on Constitution Day?
3. Who was convicted of bribery?
4. Who advocated for anti-slavery and woman's suffrage and was arrested for voting in a presidential election?
5. Who was the editor for the Emporia Gazette and won the Pulitzer Prize?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)