|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Domestic Affairs in the United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Charles James Fox, what was Napoleon Bonaparte?
(a) A lover of money.
(b) A lover of hiking.
(c) A lover of England.
(d) A lover of military glory.
2. In the speech "Funeral Orations" the speaker addressed which group of people first?
(a) The barbarians.
(b) The forefathers.
(c) The victims.
(d) The sons.
3. Who was the Senator of Massachusetts that was probably the most militant advocate of the abolition of slavery in Congress?
(a) Henry Clay.
(b) Charles Sumner.
(c) William Seward.
(d) John Calhoun.
4. According to the speech "On the Dissolution of Parliament", who was seized so Colonel Overton might lead the army?
(a) Oliver Cromwell.
(b) Sir Edward Grey.
(c) Sir Robert Walpole.
(d) General Monk.
5. Who gave the speech known as the "Funeral Oration?
(b) Julius Caesar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote about Phillip's "violation of the peace"?
2. According to Cardinal Mercer, who was the most authoritative teacher of Christian Theology?
3. According to Hannibal's speech "To His Soldiers", what river was larger and more impetuous than the Rhone River?
4. According to Cicero, who had upheld and continued to uphold freedom by zeal and wisdom?
5. Who was interested in politics, but placed social reforms before political independence?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)