|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Domestic Affairs in the United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Republican candidate for President in 1944 and said "we have a rendezvous with destiny"?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) John L. Lewis.
(c) Charles Evan Hughes.
(d) Thomas E. Dewey.
2. Who was the thirty-first President of the U.S. that delivered a speech on the Bill of Rights on Constitution Day?
(a) Harry Truman.
(b) Dwight Eisenhower.
(c) Herbert Hoover.
(d) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
3. According to Charles James Fox, what was Napoleon Bonaparte?
(a) A lover of England.
(b) A lover of military glory.
(c) A lover of money.
(d) A lover of hiking.
4. According to Cicero in "First Oration Against Catiline", who was put to death on mere suspicion?
(a) Marcus Fulvius.
(b) Lucius Opimius.
(c) Caius Marius.
(d) Caius Gracchus.
5. In the speech "To His Troops", Lucius Sergius Catiline stated two armies opposed their progress. Rome was one, what was the other army?
(c) The Greek army.
(d) The Trojans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote that "the decision to dissolve Parliament was based on the best interests of the public"?
2. According to the speech "American Labor", what was the best market for American agriculture?
3. Who delivered a speech over the dead body of Caesar in William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar?
4. Who did Grover Cleveland refer to as a discoverer, dreamer, hero and apostle?
5. Who was the editor for the Emporia Gazette and won the Pulitzer Prize?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)