|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Canada; South America, South Africa, India and China.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the speech "Farewell to the Old Guard", how many years had the speaker accompanied the soldiers on their road to "honor and glory"?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. According to the speech "England's Position", what country gave Belgium an ultimatum?
3. In the sermon, "On Suffering Persecution", ignominy and what were two opposites?
4. Who was a Shawnee and said that white people have no right to take the land from the Indians?
(a) Red Jacket.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Wild Bear.
5. Who was a philosopher, diplomat and statesmen that had great abilities in different fields of study?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) John Marshall.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. According the the sermon "On Suffering Persecution", who holds forth to us the immortal crown?
2. According to the speech "Before the Battle of Leuthen, 1757", whose army is twice as strong?
3. In the speech "Funeral Orations" the speaker addressed which group of people first?
4. Who was the leader of the Bolshevist party and first dictator of Russia?
5. According to Isocrates, which war did he believe may be the most famous of Athenian history?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)