|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Great Britain and Ireland.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was convicted of bribery?
(a) Oliver Cromwell.
(b) Sir Edward Grey.
(c) David Lloyd George.
(d) Sir Robert Walpole.
2. According to Isocrates, which war did he believe may be the most famous of Athenian history?
(a) The Italian War.
(b) Athens War.
(c) Persian War.
(d) World War I.
3. According to Hannibal's speech "To His Soldiers", what river was larger and more impetuous than the Rhone River?
(a) Po River.
(b) Sardinian River.
(c) Rhine River.
(d) Alps River.
4. Who was a radical advocate during the Reign of Terror that inspired the National Assembly and people to fight the enemies of the Revolution?
(b) Louis XVI.
5. Who promised that there would be honor and glory later in the Italian campaign?
(a) Frederick the Great.
(b) Napolean Bonaparte.
(c) Leon Trotsky.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John Bright, what law was very unsettled or bad?
2. Who expressed strong admiration for Voltaire?
3. Who was known as a militant and nick-named "The Tiger"?
4. According to the speech "England's Position", what country gave Belgium an ultimatum?
5. Who wrote that the House of Commons needed to only pay attention to "British interests"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)