|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The European Continent.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Voltaire when he died?
(a) 74 years old.
(b) 64 years old.
(c) 85 years old.
(d) 84 years old.
2. Who told the troops that men under his command are only his allies?
(a) Frederick the Great.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) Leon Trotsky.
(d) Napolean Bonaparte.
3. According to Cicero in "First Oration Against Catiline", who was put to death on mere suspicion?
(a) Caius Marius.
(b) Caius Gracchus.
(c) Lucius Opimius.
(d) Marcus Fulvius.
4. According to Hannibal's speech "To His Soldiers", what river was larger and more impetuous than the Rhone River?
(a) Po River.
(b) Sardinian River.
(c) Rhine River.
(d) Alps River.
5. What empire did Isocrates tell Greece to resist?
(a) The Roman .
(b) The Ottoman.
(c) The Prussian.
(d) The Persian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delivered a speech over the dead body of Caesar in William Shakespeare's Julius Caesar?
2. According to Cardinal Mercer, who was the most authoritative teacher of Christian Theology?
3. According to the speech "Before the Battle of Leuthen, 1757", whose army is twice as strong?
4. Who was a radical advocate during the Reign of Terror that inspired the National Assembly and people to fight the enemies of the Revolution?
5. Who wrote about the need to "repress" women?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)