|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Informal Speeches.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fulton Sheen, who said "We are becoming a warlike nation--that is to say, one endowed to a higher degree with virtues of obedience, sacrifice, and dedication to country"?
(a) Benito Mussolini.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Joseph Stalin.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
2. According to Smuts, what was the greatest military empire that ever existed?
(a) Byzantine Empire.
(b) German Empire.
(c) Persian Empire.
(d) Roman Empire.
3. Who was a Puritan theologian that was famous for his sermons on sin, hell and punishment?
(a) John Calvin.
(b) Jonathon Edwards.
(c) Patrick Henry.
(d) John Hancock.
4. Who delivered the speech "Before the Diet of Worms"?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) St. Francis.
(c) John Calvin.
(d) Victor Hugo.
5. Who was one of the greatest orators of the French Revolution, although the speakers was impaired by a painful stammer?
(a) Louis XVI.
(c) Frederick the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the speech "Rendezvous with Despair", what is the only answer to gloomy predictions regarding the growth of the country?
2. The arms race was between the United States and what country?
3. According to Cicero in "First Oration Against Catiline", who was put to death on mere suspicion?
4. Who was very prominent in the Bolshevist revolution and reported on a Nazi air attack?
5. Who was the American poet that was Ambassador to the Court from 1880-1885?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)