|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responded to a death sentence for being a heretic in a speech called "On His Condemnation to Death"?
2. Which writing stated that laws no longer carry any weight with the people who do whatever they please, regardless of what is morally right?
(a) "On Suffering Persecution".
(b) "A Second Crusade".
(c) "Before the Diet of Worms".
3. Who was the first non-slaveholding citizen of a free State who won election in the Democratic party?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Martin Van Buren.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) John Adams.
4. Who led the famous Pullman strike and identified with the Socialist movement?
(a) Eugene Victor Debs.
(b) William Edgar Borah.
(c) Elihu Root.
(d) Stephen Wise.
5. According to John Bright, what law was very unsettled or bad?
(a) Trent's law.
(b) State law.
(c) Maritime law.
(d) Trade law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who served on the U.S. Supreme Court for over half a century and delivered the speech "Live--I am Coming"?
2. According to Hannibal's speech "To His Soldiers", what river was larger and more impetuous than the Rhone River?
3. According to a speech Edward Everett, which two men died in the same day?
4. Who was the Senator of Massachusetts that was probably the most militant advocate of the abolition of slavery in Congress?
5. Who delivered the speech "Before the Diet of Worms"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)