|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the speech "Defense Against the Charges" and ultimately saved the speaker from the guillotine?
2. What empire did Isocrates tell Greece to resist?
(a) The Ottoman.
(b) The Roman .
(c) The Prussian.
(d) The Persian.
3. Who wrote that "the decision to dissolve Parliament was based on the best interests of the public"?
(a) David Lloyd George.
(b) Emmeline Pankhurst.
(c) Oliver Cromwell.
(d) Sir Edward Grey.
4. According to the speech "England's Position", what country gave Belgium an ultimatum?
5. Who started the Hull House, a famous settlement for Social Service in Chicago?
(a) Stephen Wise.
(b) Jane Addams.
(c) Susan B. Anthony.
(d) Booker T. Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that "a person should seek to be holy on earth in order to achieve rewards in heaven"?
2. Who was convicted of bribery?
3. Who wrote about the need to "repress" women?
4. Who was the first non-slaveholding citizen of a free State who won election in the Democratic party?
5. Who was known as the "Liberator of Ireland"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)