|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to John Bright, what law was very unsettled or bad?
(a) Maritime law.
(b) State law.
(c) Trent's law.
(d) Trade law.
2. Who was an outspoken imperialist and pursued the expansion of the British empire?
(a) Sir Edward Grey.
(b) George Bernard Shaw.
(c) Joseph Chamberlain.
(d) Emmeline Pankhurst.
3. According to Charles James Fox, what was Napoleon Bonaparte?
(a) A lover of England.
(b) A lover of money.
(c) A lover of hiking.
(d) A lover of military glory.
4. According the the sermon "On Suffering Persecution", who holds forth to us the immortal crown?
(a) The King.
(b) The Prince.
(d) The Queen.
5. In the speech "Funeral Orations" the speaker addressed which group of people first?
(a) The forefathers.
(b) The barbarians.
(c) The victims.
(d) The sons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a philosopher, diplomat and statesmen that had great abilities in different fields of study?
2. Who was a radical advocate during the Reign of Terror that inspired the National Assembly and people to fight the enemies of the Revolution?
3. Who wrote about Phillip's "violation of the peace"?
4. Who was a powerful supporter of Cicero in defeating the conspiracy of Catiline against the Roman government?
5. Who expressed strong admiration for Voltaire?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)