|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote that "the decision to dissolve Parliament was based on the best interests of the public"?
(a) Emmeline Pankhurst.
(b) David Lloyd George.
(c) Sir Edward Grey.
(d) Oliver Cromwell.
2. What significant event of the American Revolution did Maverick, Gray, Caldwell, Attucks and Carr die?
(a) The midnight ride.
(b) The Boston Massacre.
(c) The Boston Tea Party.
(d) The Boston Battle.
3. Who expressed strong admiration for Voltaire?
(a) Victor Hugo.
(b) Napolean Bonaparte.
(c) John Calvin.
(d) Martin Luther.
4. According to a speech Edward Everett, which two men died in the same day?
(a) Adams and Washington.
(b) Adams and Hamilton.
(c) Adams and Jefferson.
(d) Washington and Jefferson.
5. Who was a great speaker and debater that was opposed to The League of Nations?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) Eugene Victor Debs.
(c) Elihu Root.
(d) William Edgar Borah.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Daniel Webster, who erected the government of the U.S.?
2. Who was thirty-six years old and one of the greatest dramatists and orators of his period in Parliament?
3. Which state was organized by people within a region and abandoned slavery?
4. Who served on the U.S. Supreme Court for over half a century and delivered the speech "Live--I am Coming"?
5. Who believed that if everyone understood the facts, no one would question England's involvement in the war?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)