|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through United States and the Second World War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the speech "Our Government" one hundred and fifty years after the first Congress of the U.S. met?
(a) Herbert Hoover.
(b) Charles Evans Hughes.
(c) Thomas Dewey.
(d) Anthony Eden.
2. In what United States city did Sir Wilfrid Laurier defend Great Britain's cause, and support for the Great War?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
3. Who was known as the "Liberator of Ireland"?
(a) Charles Stewart Parnell.
(b) Daniel O'Connell.
(c) Arthur Griffith.
(d) Robert Emmet.
4. Who promised that there would be honor and glory later in the Italian campaign?
(a) Frederick the Great.
(b) Leon Trotsky.
(c) Napolean Bonaparte.
(d) Adolf Hitler.
5. According to the speech "Bill of Rights", what was only safe by a division of powers and local self-government?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to John Bright, what law was very unsettled or bad?
2. According to Mohandas Ghandi, how many inhabitants of India professed the faith of Islam?
3. Who delivered the speech "Defense Against the Charges" and ultimately saved the speaker from the guillotine?
4. According to John L. Lewis' "The Rights of Labor", what opposed communism?
5. Who said that "a person should seek to be holy on earth in order to achieve rewards in heaven"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)