|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through United States and the Second World War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Inter-American Conference for the Maintenance of Peace held in 1936?
(a) Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(b) Paris, France.
(c) Brazilia, Brazil.
(d) Geneva, Switzerland.
2. Who delivered the speech "Defense Against the Charges" and ultimately saved the speaker from the guillotine?
3. In the speech "Farewell to the Old Guard", how many years had the speaker accompanied the soldiers on their road to "honor and glory"?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. Which writing stated that laws no longer carry any weight with the people who do whatever they please, regardless of what is morally right?
(a) "A Second Crusade".
(b) "Before the Diet of Worms".
(c) "On Suffering Persecution".
5. According to the speech "An Independent Policy", what was always replaced by propaganda in time of war?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fulton Sheen, who said "We are becoming a warlike nation--that is to say, one endowed to a higher degree with virtues of obedience, sacrifice, and dedication to country"?
2. According to the speech "Rendezvous with Despair", what is the only answer to gloomy predictions regarding the growth of the country?
3. According to John Bright, what law was very unsettled or bad?
4. Who promised that there would be honor and glory later in the Italian campaign?
5. Which former President was compared to Franklin Roosevelt, who was a courageous, virile champion of just and righteous peace, and a foe of those who put peace before righteousness?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)