|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through United States and the Second World War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was interested in politics, but placed social reforms before political independence?
(a) Jan C. Smuts.
(b) Sun Yat-sen.
(c) Mohandas Ghandi.
(d) Rabindranath Tagore.
2. According to the speech "England's Position", what country gave Belgium an ultimatum?
3. According to William Green's "Modern Trade Unionism", what should not be the heritage of any limited group?
4. Who believed that if everyone understood the facts, no one would question England's involvement in the war?
(a) Sir Edward Grey.
(b) David Lloyd George.
(c) Oliver Cromwell.
(d) Cardinal Manning.
5. Who was the editor for the Emporia Gazette and won the Pulitzer Prize?
(a) Thomas E. Dewey.
(b) William Allen White.
(c) John L. Lewis.
(d) Clarence Darrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the leader and Presidential candidate for the socialist party for many years?
2. Who told the troops that men under his command are only his allies?
3. Who was the Republican candidate for President in 1944 and said "we have a rendezvous with destiny"?
4. Who was known as the "Liberator of Ireland"?
5. Who was thirty-six years old and one of the greatest dramatists and orators of his period in Parliament?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)