|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through International Affairs and the United States.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who delivered the speech comparing the words Nationalism and Internationalism?
(a) Dag Hammarskjold.
(b) Oswaldo Aranha.
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru.
(d) Mohandas Ghandi.
2. In Einstein's speech "Peace in the Atomic Age", what appeared to be on the public horizon as a probable and attainable goal?
(a) World domination.
(b) Color television.
(c) The H-bomb.
(d) Nuclear power plants.
3. Who was the Senator of Massachusetts that was probably the most militant advocate of the abolition of slavery in Congress?
(a) John Calhoun.
(b) Henry Clay.
(c) William Seward.
(d) Charles Sumner.
4. Who advocated for anti-slavery and woman's suffrage and was arrested for voting in a presidential election?
(a) Susan B. Anthony.
(b) Dred Scott.
(c) Elizabeth Stanton.
(d) Jane Addams.
5. Who believed that the Canadian people entered WWII on their own free will?
(a) Clement R. Attlee.
(b) Anthony Eden.
(c) Winston Churchill.
(d) W.L. Mackenzie King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed an architectural style that constituted one of the chief movements in 20th century design?
2. According to Haile Selassie, which country was the first to be threatened by Fascist Italy?
3. The year 1955 celebrated how many years since the United Nations was chartered?
4. Who was a great speaker and debater that was opposed to The League of Nations?
5. Who served on the U.S. Supreme Court for over half a century and delivered the speech "Live--I am Coming"?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)