|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Schumpeter presents his views about the 1930's in his book called __________. (fill in the blank)
2. Keynes defines prosperity and depression in terms of what?
3. Between 1870 and 1914, what percentage of English savings were invested abroad?
4. Because John A. Hobson was labeled as a __________, he turned his attention to South Africa. (fill in the blank)
5. Henry George's views were published in his book called __________. (fill in the blank)
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the basic focus of Marx's Capital?
2. What was Veblen's theory about the Savage Society?
3. What was the background of Friedrich Engels?
4. What was the background of Karl Marx?
5. What was Joseph Schumpeter's theory about the Great Depression?
6. What was the economic situation in the early 1900's in America?
7. What was the background of Thorstein Veblen?
8. What was dialectical materialism?
9. What is the background of John Maynard Keynes?
10. What is Joseph Schumpeter's background?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Veblen's theories on capitalism and how were they received by society at the time?
Essay Topic 2
What did Thorstein Veblen discover when "he delved into the nature of the economic man and his economic rites and rituals"? Discuss fully his approach to economics and his theories as well as how both were received by society.
Essay Topic 3
What was the main thrust of The Communist Manifesto, and why did it have such a long-term impact on society?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)