|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Keynes attend college?
2. The society that Marx believed would follow capitalism would be _________. (fill in the blank)
3. Keynes was involved in what important conference after World War II?
(a) United Nations.
(b) Peace Conference.
(c) Conference at Vienna.
(d) Bretton Woods.
4. From where did Veblen graduate with a Ph.D?
(c) University of Chicago.
5. Where did Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the title of Veblen's first book?
2. Henry George's favorite idea was called __________. (fill in the blank)
3. What did Veblen call individual churches?
4. What was the keynote to Thorstein Veblen's life?
5. Keynes thought the best way to stimulate a flagging economy was through __________. (fill in the blank)
Short Essay Questions
1. What was dialectical materialism?
2. What kind of tax did Henry George propose?
3. What was the premise of Veblen's book, The Theory of the Leisure Class?
4. What is the premise of Joseph Schumpeter's The Theory of Economic Development?
5. Why did Keynes decide his Treatise on Money was incorrect?
6. Why was John A. Hobson labeled at heretic?
7. What was Veblen's theory about the Savage Society?
8. What was the background of Karl Marx?
9. What was the economic situation in the early 1900's in America?
10. What was the flaw in capitalism according to Hobson?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)